Best Undefeated Corps

What is the Best Undefeated Corps in the DCI Era?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Best Undefeated Corps in the DCI Era?

• 1982 Blue Devils
    • 1994 Blue Devils
    • 2000 Cadets
    • 2002 Cavaliers
    • 2009 Blue Devils

Cavaliers by a mile.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure of the logic but if Im going in that direction and giving BD another point and a half and making them stronger than Cavaliers would have lost ground in some of their dominance and wouldnt have been able to score that high ....ying/yang, balance...etc.....

Should BD had been stronger in say, visual, then the judges would have not have been able to award the numbers they did, same thing in brass, percussion and/or GE...there has to be accountability.

G

Irrelevant. Forget my last line entirely if that's what's throwing you off. The bottom line is that the competition from the other corps that year doesn't have anything to do with the question at hand.

Think of it this way. Do you agree that Cavaliers 2002 was better than Cavaliers 2000? I would say so.

Thus, since cavaliers 2000 tied cadets 2000, Cavaliers 2002 must be better than Cadets 2000

Think of it this way. Do you agree that Cavaliers 2002 was better than Cavaliers 2000? I would say so.

Thus, since cavaliers 2000 tied cadets 2000, Cavaliers 2002 must be better than Cadets 2000

I thought 2000 Cavaliers was miles ahead of 2002 Cavaliers

G

1994 BD. That show was crazy good.

that was when the BD of old transitioned into the birth of the BD we see today. A renewed focus on visual demand...the old joke BD never marched over 144 died that year. The birth of the ScoJo influence on drumming.

face it, what we see today is a direct result of the drastic change in style BD displayed in 1994, even more so than Cavies 2002.

how many people voting actually witnessed 1982 Blue Devils ???

I did (saw them 3 or 4 times that summer). Like this year, it was a combination of a very good design and awesome execution.

And it was the last of the great 70s style shows. The next season, Garfield changed the paradigm.