In an email from DCI

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyway... the biggest issue is acoustics... if they could get rid of some echo... for sure lets keep that roof closed... but nothing will solve the dead spot in the seats where you can't hear anything.

Please don't assume you know what people are saying to DCI. I didn't mention the roof at all, only the bad accoustics.

one of my concerns were accoustics, but i didnt ask about the roof being opened

You just gotta love us. We are so freakin dysfunctional about this drum corps thing.

So DCI wants us to give feedback for 2009 finals week. They are going to setup a special tool to gather and collect this feedback.

And now, that's something we are going to complain about. Sweet! Love it.

Well, thanks to the OP for posting this information. People were asking for a response from DCI and now we have one.

Oh, and have we thought of having the roof only be open on half the field yet? Or maybe have 1/2 the air conditioners running?

Oh, and when is DCI getting the wayback machine so everyone can once again enjoy finals back in Montreal or Birmingham, or Boston or Bloomington (when it's 104 outside).

Yeah...Indy ain't perfect by any means, but DCI is pretty much doing what they always do. Get feedback, study it, make recommendations and improve finals next year. Please give them some credit. Too much for some DCPers?

Now I'm not a physicist, but I think opening the roof would lessen the echo and improve the acoustics overall.

I would say you are right... I do believe that why the echo stuck around so long was because the roof was SO FAR AWAY from the field. Yes there were plenty of other reasons too all the glass... but the roof being open would eliminate a lot of echo... but then we go back to me being a ######.

You just gotta love us. We are so freakin dysfunctional about this drum corps thing.

So DCI wants us to give feedback for 2009 finals week. They are going to setup a special tool to gather and collect this feedback.

And now, that's something we are going to complain about. Sweet! Love it.

Well, thanks to the OP for posting this information. People were asking for a response from DCI and now we have one.

Oh, and have we thought of having the roof only be open on half the field yet? Or maybe have 1/2 the air conditioners running?

Oh, and when is DCI getting the wayback machine so everyone can once again enjoy finals back in Montreal or Birmingham, or Boston or Bloomington (when it's 104 outside).

Yeah...Indy ain't perfect by any means, but DCI is pretty much doing what they always do. Get feedback, study it, make recommendations and improve finals next year. Please give them some credit. Too much for some DCPers?

i think it's a great idea which is why I posted it. I want to be sure i get my $500 worth next year

As a performer... i don't like performing in that heat.... call me a wimp, call me weak, whatever. It sucks being in full uniform in the sun, on hot turf, it sucks in a very well ventilated high school stadium it's gonna suck in the oven that LOS would become if it was above 90 degrees... add the humidity.. and forget it. Also in that type of heat the horns don't project well, the performers will be dead tired, your gonna have performance issues, and it won't be the best experience for the fans. Yeah it's drum corps, you learn to deal with the heat... trust me I've dealt with it. If given the choice I would still rather the roof closed if it was hot out. Cause if it is 95 outside the stadium, it's gonna be worse inside.. and 95 is bad enough.

Why do you think so many parade corps have a summer uni of shorts, golf or t-shirts and baseball caps. With older age comes knowledge.. or treachery..... or #### it, let's be safe.

Bravo to DCI for providing a way to leave feedback. (not the only circuit to do it :doh: ).