In an email from DCI

Yeah, it's my lunch break. Gotta waste time some how.

Now, as to the survey DCI will be putting out, I think we ALL should fill it out, both positive and negative.

I think ONLY those in attendance should fill it out. Unless there are questions specific to the FN.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's my lunch break. Gotta waste time some how.

Now, as to the survey DCI will be putting out, I think we ALL should fill it out, both positive and negative.

agreed. if something worked, tell them

i laughed at the fan network video where only one person complained about the sound tho.

I say DCI should just give all the fans a IPod with all the corps shows on it and headsets and we all listen to the ipods as the corps lip syncs their shows..... :)

Considering that other groups have made light of the acoustical crappiness of LOS, yeah, I'd say maybe Lucas Oil just might be paying for it.

Then, again, since you have all the answers . . . you tell us. :thumbup:

Read the comment thread to that article... some ###### off locals.... seems like everyone agrees that the stadium is a big #### up. But they aren't to happy about the money being spent on it either.

With my experience there is A LOT of improvement that needs to be made. I just see even if they put fabric over every single hard surface that isn't a part of the seating area, there will still be problems..... it's just not built for drum corps... the bottom section goes like a mile back, then the stadium goes straight up from there... it just takes so long for the sound to get anywhere... and then it bounces around for a while..... I don't know.... I'll be happy if they at least try to fix it... I just hope they do enough.

I think ONLY those in attendance should fill it out. Unless there are questions specific to the FN.

True. I was probably thinking of those in attendance when I used the word all.

Personally, I am going to fill out the survey, even though I wasn't a paying customer. I was able to sit in the stands for OC Finals, so I had en excellent vantage point to experience the stadium from.

WC Finals had me up in the press box, which, while pretty swanky, isn't your average fan experience, so I won't comment on that.

Well apparently instead of having the cajones to stand behind your own arguments, it's just better to make snide remarks about mine. I stand firmly behind my opinion, and think if you don't agree...well then I guess ....too bad for me.

Lucas Oil had a large black curtain that hung down in front of the back bleachers. They also had curtains hanging in front of the upper deck above the huge black backdrop. Most of the echoing that I heard was coming from the ceiling. If they could dampen the sound around the ironwork and roof area, Life would be much better.

Any remedy put in place at Lucas Oil will be removed as soon as DCI is done. So my question remains.....why would Lucas Oil be willing to spend that kind of money to remedy this stadium for a 3 day event? DCI and possibly Music For All would have to combine their efforts to come up with something that would work...and is easy to install...and is easy to take down. Hanging a curtain is no big deal.....but I wouldn't want to be crawling up there in the rafters hanging sound absorbent material.

Can it be done? Yes....Georgia Dome had stuff covering the ceiling this year.

As for the locals. Yeah they are ###### off at the stadium that they are paying for. Most consider it a huge waste of money and resources. I guess they don't realize the amount of revenue that new stadium and convention center bring to the city.

WOW! Really....

[snip]

I'm forcasting the future. I'd rather just buy really good seats near the 50 and enjoy the show....because the sound isn't bad if you pay enough money :)

I hate to burst your bubble, but I was in the first row of Section 240 on the 50, and guess what, the sound sucks, middle and low range becomes inaudibale, percussion is noise.

I sent my note to DCI as well and have yet to receive their form letter.

Edited by Ed Boxer

uh sound panels? maybe curtains around the entire stands where people are not sitting?

there, 2 probable solutions that have nothing to do with the roof.

but you'll ignore that as it doesn't fit your rant

I was thinking the same thing. A ton of 6in or deeper sound panels placed at strategic locations would surely handle much of this and still allow all the conveniences of a dome.

i will only answer questions about the fan network or the theater. however my wife was there so she can fill out those questions