Madison Scouts 2010

:tongue: I could tell you what the Scouts have planned for next year, but then, you know I'd have to, well you know, hire Relampago to make sure you didn't let the inside info get out to the public. And sadly, our Mexican superhero is :cool: . He is kinda tired after all those battles this summer! Maybe we can find a shaman in a burgundy cape to wake him again. Nah, they have all gone into hiding, what was I thinking? :doh:

So, it's just watch the website and wait for the big news!! It will be worth the wait! :cool:

We bought all the hype last year. This time I'm not buy it at all. If the staff from Madison has dreamed up some wild show from the "bego" it already sounds like a disater. Dann and his staff need to sit down and get all the right creative people together and think this out or we'll be in for more of the same for 2010.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my thougth as well...in some of my prior posts. One would think the board of directors and the like would have had an idea of salaries, etc....could have dealt with things earlier...as in try to make more money.

Oh they tried getting the money...but sending letters out from 2004-2006 asking for money and donations from alumni and then making those people feel like outsiders by not allowing people at rehearsals and other activities does not really work. It was an interesting approach though...

But yeah, too bad they couldn't get money, especially since a very nice amount of money that was already in the bank was drained so fast.

Scouts could do "Madison takes Harlem" . . .anyone remember them doing Harlem Suite in 1986? Add "Take The A Train" and it could present some interesting possibilities guard-wise. . .

East Coast Jazz 2006? Take the A-Train and Harlem Suite. Not that that's relevant, but I just found it funny that you would suggest that exact combination of tunes.

[/off topic]

I think a Sinatra show would be better suited to the Cavaliers. In the wee small hours, devil moon, i've got you under my skin, softly....would be great

Scouts could do a 40s style swing show. They could use "Pick yourself up" from Swing Time as the opener:

Vince, knowing you as I do, I've got to believe you had just a little bit of ulterior motivation with your suggestion, "Pick Yourself Up".....Dust Yourself Off, Start All Over Again! Very good!

Fact is, in regards to just American musical history, most of us sadly poses very little to no reference points in which to draw from. We don't realize there's literally hundred's if not thousand's of wonderful pieces and arrangements from just the past sixty years that would not only work great for the Scouts but would cause all of the Scout purists to sing with joy!

We're just so dang limiting. Listen to productions via the Big Screen from the 30's-50's, Broadway and Big Band's through the same era, not to mention what was written during the same time period coming out of other countries.

I've never understood this mentality of drawing from such a limited scope of music.

No more cute themes, let's have some balls to wall jazz.

Sorry if I offended anyone. :cool:

I second this motion...get back to their roots!

I think a Sinatra show would be better suited to the Cavaliers. In the wee small hours, devil moon, i've got you under my skin, softly....would be great

Scouts could do a 40s style swing show. They could use "Pick yourself up" from Swing Time as the opener:

And just think, the guard could wear what dutch boy did in 1990 :cool:

G

No? As long as you can still generate "general effect," you don't need to have any of those things he listed. They didn't make finals this year anyway, even with a theme, or story, or narrative, or whatever it was supposed to be.

You need to listen to Oldbandguy. He's speaks with wisdom my friend.

Edited by oldtimedrummer