Madison Scouts 2010

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the Star Trek idea, btw. The music is epic and very masculine and also it'd be cool to have the guard wear Star Fleet uniforms which, hopefully, won't look quite as silly as the luchadore unis from this year... but that's just me.

I really like the Star Trek idea, btw. The music is epic and very masculine and also it'd be cool to have the guard wear Star Fleet uniforms which, hopefully, won't look quite as silly as the luchadore unis from this year... but that's just me.

with KLINGON masks and SPOK ears this year ??

:cool: :cool: :tongue:

Only Kidding please no flames.

All the best to the SCOUTS in 2010

LL

Edited by louielouie

no theme

no program

no prospectus

no narrative

no exposition

no story

just drum corps

Yes!!!! I bought their 1981 to 1987 DVD and that's Drum Corps. Powerful and Well Executed.

I do not seeing a Star Trek themed show getting this corps into finals next year. Sorry.

I've been saying this for years - I want the Scouts to do Sinatra. The music book could be full of those big band jazz number's he did and the guard would have a vehilce to grab on to similar to the Cavies Billy Joel show. How cool would be a "Rat Pack" show. No one to my knowledge has ever taken this on. It would be new yet recognizable.

Actually, this would be more like the music of Sammy Cahn, Jimmy Van Heusen, Johnny Mercer, Rube Bloom, and others who wrote songs intended for Sinatra. Along with composers such as those, there are orchestras (bands) and arrangers that produced the sound of Sinatra. Nelson Riddle is certainly at the forefront there. Also, there are many movie sound tracks such as "The Man With The Golden Arm." There are lots of films to pick from, but I would recommend the Scouts not do "Can-Can."

I do not seeing a Star Trek themed show getting this corps into finals next year. Sorry.

I thought the same thing about Cavalier's winning with 007. I guess anything is possible with a show done correctly. If they could just get to warp speed they may have a shot! :cool: