The Cadets' Drill. Wow...

If you can catch the semis performance of 05...some of the stuff he was doing during the tenor feature before the drumspeak was sick sick sick...

The same move was in the 2009 show actually.

My biggest disappointment with the 2005 DVD is that they left out that section of drill.

does anybody else notice how much he recycles his stuff? when i watched the cadets ending this year (with no reason to hate on it) i just felt like i'd seen it all before...

I've never noticed any such thing.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The recycling this year I am guessing was a bit on purpose as an homage to the past. I've always thought he was one of the greatest of our time. He gets waaaay too little praise, imo.

. . .and yeah, speaking of recycling both drill and music as of late. . .head northwest from Jersey a bit.

Anyone who subscribes to Cadets All Access, make sure to watch the special/interview with Jeff - very informative. He mentions that this year's drill was dedicated to his father who passed recently. He also shows a computer animation of the entire first few minutes of the show with a recording of the corps playing in the background. Then when you see the corps do it for real, you are even more amazed at the complexity of the patterns and images that are being executed!!!!

Well this year it was on purpose with the recycling to celebrate the Corps' history. Backwards Z-pull, Rotating Block, HNC, Garfield G, the same way the Company Front formed in 1984, the Big X from 2007, the star from 2005/06, the Hour Glass, and the Meshing Company Front

I love the Hour Glass.

Best drill move ever. Its like the Cadets' Double Helix.

I do agree that the Cadets drill was amazing, however, I feel the musical side of things was also very strong and doesn't get enough recognition. I found their music to be very powerful, emotional and fan friendly. I believe the 2009 Cadets will stand the test of time and increase in popularity as the years pass.

does anybody else notice how much he recycles his stuff? when i watched the cadets ending this year (with no reason to hate on it) i just felt like i'd seen it all before...

To the extent that it's true, it's hardly unusual from corps to corps. The chairs might have been new in the BD show, but elements of the drill were familiar. Ditto for Cavies and pretty much everybody else.

HH

Was it as effective as 05? One thing that made the 05 version so cool was the visual the reversed unis gave.

I had a much better view of the drill in 09 so it is hard for me to judge :thumbup:

I'm actually not even sure if the 09 version had the turns involved like in 05. It had the same flow of the drill itself though