Mini Corps Championships....who will take second?

To Jeff and the members of Star United.......Bring your "A"game......

Interesting. I will take that idea to the group, and we will see what we can do. :thumbup:

I am just sorry that it has been three years since I could just sit and dig on what everyone does on Friday night!

But at least we can still have a great time after at the Clar.., Bennig..., O'Flann..., umm whatever generic loosely Irish themed restaurant/bar in major chain hotel across the street from the show site like last year!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They taste like...burning.

Ben,

Tom Peashey posted this list a couple of weeks ago (Aug 5):

"As of today... this is the mini corps order of appearance... at least one more is in process of applying... lots of room for more. I&E people... we need to get working on this... applications are SLOW... let's get it done now...

Generations

Freelancers

Gulf Coast

Vigilantes

Traditions

Sky Alumni

Capital Brass

Minne Brass

Ghost Riders

Music City Legend

Golden Eagles

Mass Brass

Star United"

Corps appear in their reverse order of finish and I believe that new corps are placed in the order in which their applications are received.

It's a shame that the Renegades won't be participating in this year's show, they are missed.

At any rate, it's going to be a GREAT show as I believe the level of performance rises each and every year :thumbup:

Paul

Thanks Paul for the info, This will be my first DCA I&E attendance and I'm jazzed about the Freelancers performing. :thumbup::thumbup:

Ben

Thanks Paul for the info, This will be my first DCA I&E attendance and I'm jazzed about the Freelancers performing. :thumbup::thumbup:

Ben

Ben you're welcome. As Jeff referenced in an earlier post, it's a great honor to go on later in the show, but unfortunately you're forced to miss many of the other great Corps appearing earlier in the evening due to logistics.

Best of luck to your Freelancers, and I know you'll love the event. :thumbup:

Paul

They taste like...burning.

:thumbup:

as a huge fan of Ralph Wiggum and his gems that he has said over the years, thank you. i just spit my soda everywhere...

I am bringing my B game...and we all know what B stands for....

Blousemen!

Donny

Whew ...... that Donny, he's a real piece of work !!! Good thing I'm zonable ...... and don't have thin skin, or his brow beating would bother me. As far as my playing ability ...... just wait to you hear our mellie line, supported by that warm and fuzzy bari section of ours. Then add our trumpet section and magic happens. Yes, the show will be played FOR THE FANS of mini corps. Everyone wants to win and trys their best to get there.

Warm and fuzzy? I think you meant strong and macho. :lol:

I am very pleased we haven't been saddled with the yoke of expectation. Seems we're just there to take up space for all you big boys. And we probably won't make much noise in the scoring catagory, but we will do, what we do, the crowd will have a good time, we will love playing for them and then we will sit back and watch the fur fly.

Warm and fuzzy? I think you meant strong and macho. :lol:

Pretty sure he said warm and fuzzy... do I detect some premature articulation problems? (which would account for the fuzziness...)

That can ruin a good relationship...

Ghost Riders have Bobby Legato on baritone, nothing more needs to said. But honestly kids teaching bands is holding down some progress.

Why dont these darn high schools plan their band camps around DCA mini corps?

Donny