The Roof Is Open Right Now

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we keep getting updates on the roof's status as the fall continues on. Perhaps a webcam?

I hope we keep getting updates on the roof's status as the fall continues on. Perhaps a webcam?

Well, during football season at least, all you have to do is tune in to the Colts home games to know.

Oh man... As bad as that would be, that would be hilarious!!

Maybe the Indianapolis Colts management are afraid that there will be an echo effect, when Peyton Manning's signal calls hit the roof. The echo effect might cause some confusion for the wide receivers. Can't have that! Not in a preseason game, when so much is at stake.......

Besides, the fans at the football game need to hear everything in perfect clarity. That's why they pay $187 per ticket, and buy 8 beers at $10 a bottle. They want to hear the perfect pitch of the referee's whistle - not see some quarterback sack.

I mean, if some guy in section 600 can't hear it, when one of the offensive linemen passes gas - someone may demand a refund!

:cool::cool::tongue::doh::doh:

i hope it rains

The fact that there is a 0% chance of rain from today through Sunday probably played a factor in their decision to open the roof. Would be interesting to find out if they solved any of the unbearable heat complaints that the Colts team and fans had in previous games where it was hot out and the roof was open... although I would imagine that it probably wouldn't be that bad for a night game.

It only takes 6 minutes to open/close the roof. With good weather tracking and not being stupid you could keep the roof open most of the time and be able to get more than a 6 minute jump on getting the thing closed. I'm not sold on this idea that it's some BIG HASSLE to have the roof open. I'm sure it's expensive but if money is the case then, well, maybe they shouldn't have built the #### thing.