The Roof Is Open Right Now

Prepare yourself for DCI staff to pull up to your house in a black SUV and confiscate all records of your conversation.

:cool::cool::tongue:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game tonight, and that place was really hot towards the start of the game. Once the sun went down, it wasn't as bad. They had both the roof and side window open. DCI Finals was definitely more comfortable lol.

Is there truly no drainage system at all in that Stadium? Really? I mean....Really??? I'm very surprised that they built it that way with absolutely no back up.

Edited by bmroth1

Is there truly no drainage system at all in that Stadium? Really? I mean....Really??? I'm very surprised that they built it that way with absolutely no back up.

It really does appear that there isn't any drainage system:

Colts Senior Exec VP Pete Ward said, "Whenever there is an imminent threat of rain, we're going to close the roof." The stadium "is not waterproof," and unlike Reliant Stadium and Univ. of Phoenix Stadium, the field "has no drainage." Additionally, "speakers, scoreboards and other electronic equipment are exposed."

I hope we keep getting updates on the roof's status as the fall continues on. Perhaps a webcam?

All roof, all the time.

It only takes 6 minutes to open/close the roof. With good weather tracking and not being stupid you could keep the roof open most of the time and be able to get more than a 6 minute jump on getting the thing closed. I'm not sold on this idea that it's some BIG HASSLE to have the roof open. I'm sure it's expensive but if money is the case then, well, maybe they shouldn't have built the #### thing.

I agree. I understand there may be a chance of rain during finals week, but if they see the crap coming on the radar they can shut it beforehand, and delay the show until the rain stops! Wouldn't that work exactly the same way if the show was outside and got rain delayed ANYWAYS?

I like that idea. Someone, because I know I'm on DCP, pick apart my theory and tell me it's wrong.

Keep in mind that DCI is a tenant, and has very little - if any - authority as to whether the dome is open or closed.

they can ask if it could be open, but the convention bureau will make the ultimate decision whether to do so or not.

We are not the Colts.

just trying to keep it real.

It really does appear that there isn't any drainage system:

Colts Senior Exec VP Pete Ward said, "Whenever there is an imminent threat of rain, we're going to close the roof." The stadium "is not waterproof," and unlike Reliant Stadium and Univ. of Phoenix Stadium, the field "has no drainage." Additionally, "speakers, scoreboards and other electronic equipment are exposed."

So why did they put a retractable roof on the place if nothing inside can get wet? Last time I checked there are plenty of outdoor stadiums with exposed speakers and scoreboards.

Edited by gbass598

Keep in mind that DCI is a tenant, and has very little - if any - authority as to whether the dome is open or closed.

they can ask if it could be open, but the convention bureau will make the ultimate decision whether to do so or not.

We are not the Colts.

just trying to keep it real.

:cool: