SCV Ageout Green and the Guard

The guard wasn't wearing stars Finals night.

I don't have a problem if they decided that the green got in the way of the show's vision, but if they were wearing green I have to know where. It's been bothering me since Finals.

I have a pic from retreat where they are all wearing stars. Ageouts also have a green feather attached to theirs.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I see the confusion. The link you posted IS from Finals....there are several green feathers out there....but there are also no pics of the guard members.

If, however, you go back to the main screen and select finals, you see an entirely different set of shots with no green feathers...probably quarters or prelims....those might be the pics DanjrusMcRynky is referring to.

I think I see the confusion. The link you posted IS from Finals....there are several green feathers out there....but there are also no pics of the guard members.

If, however, you go back to the main screen and select finals, you see an entirely different set of shots with no green feathers...probably quarters or prelims....those might be the pics DanjrusMcRynky is referring to.

Yeah, I did that to find the picture I linked to. I realize that there are photos from all three championship performances in the proofs. The picture I linked to is 5029-283-060. You will see LOTS of guard pictures begnning with 5029-283 if you select as you suggested. I would image that the first seven numbers indicate these photos were all taken at the same performance, finals (because of the green in the horn line). I'm not really here to argue, I just thought it was the most definitive proof since we have no one actually in the corps stating either way.

In 2003 the guard ageouts tucked a small piece of their feather into their hair or uniform, so it wasn't visible or barely visible. The guard all wore their stars to finals retreat, and the guard ageouts put the piece of their feather behind their stars, much like the front ensemble does.

All the guard ageouts probably had small pieces of their feather tucked in their uniforms.