Your Favorite 2009 Drum Majors ?

So.....three of my favorite Drum Majors from 2009 are.....

Jonathan Powell (Blue Star's) definitely a natural up there on the podium. Great energy

Megan Huber (Crossmen) another natural and dynamic

?????? (Blue Knights) don't know his name....but he was one of the assistant drum majors (Spiked hair, mustache). This guy is awesome. He conducted the ballad. Not sure why he isn't DM num one with BK....other than he may be a bit younger.

Who are your favorite DM's from 2009 ?

Edited by Triple Forte

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan Powell (Blue Star's) definitely a natural up there on the podium. Great energy

?????? (Blue Knights) don't know his name....but he was one of the assistant drum majors (Spiked hair, mustache). This guy is awesome. He conducted the ballad. Not sure why he isn't DM num one with BK....other than he may be a bit younger.

Both of HNC's, just cuz they're hot :) Not quite as hot as the departed Chris Castille, but yeah...!

Corey Moore - Troopers. He holds the audience captive with his presence when he is on the field, be it during the show, or during scores. He has carried on the tradition of the Trooper DM in classic fashion. He makes the "death walk" an art form. He is a class act! He is never out of character. He is totally into the performance from the time he walks on to the field through to the end of the show.

Two words: Koji Mori.

And to think it was just five years ago he was goofing off in a 7th chair trumpet spot in the clinic band with me for the Georgia District Honor Band.

JP was great at Blue Stars the past two years, as was Joe Raymond, the other drum major since 2007 (he came from Cap Regiment).

I also agree about the guy from BK. Anybody know his name?

If I recall, one of them was an age-out.

I think Chris and Ben both have 1 more year, maybe 2. Not sure off the top of my head.

Edited by Drumcorpsfan471