DCA SOUTH OPINION

DCA SOUTH  

90 members have voted

1. 1. who is the biggest thread in the south?

• Corpsvets
    • Music City Legend
    • Alliance
  2. 2. Who have the best most entertaining show this season?

• Corpsvets
    • Music City Legend
    • Alliance
  3. 3. Is Alliance having the best year for a new Open class Corps?

• Yes
    • No

Mid West DCA Vs Sputh DCA

My idea

Find the place.

Each Corps get 100 -$15 tickets to sell. This generates 1500. Each Corps keeps X turns the rest over to the sporsor.

Sell the ticket to supporters, spectators Corps members who want to compete in a big show.

This show is possible I think. Get a school to give you the stadium for concessions and you easily pay for judges and make a profit.

Sorry for my bad math, but you get the idea.

Why not let the corps sell (and keep the proceeds) from all the tickets they can to help with their travel expenses and the host corps to cover the expense of running the contest? Bill Cook, Ted Swaldo or AJ Wright would find a way to make it work. Drum corps is filled with individauls who GET THE JOB DONE. Look at the job DCA (and AJ Wright) and member corps leadership is doing in Rochester. We can do ANYTHING.

Joe

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So:

C. vs S - Cincinnati,Oh - MBI,Kilts,Govies,Lakeshore vs CorpsVets,Alliance,Music City L. Shenandoah. (July maybe)

Or how about:

maybe a North - South show in Baltimore, MD. (say June)

Cabs,Reading,Hurks, Fusion Vs CorpsVets,Alliance,MCL, Shenandoah

Or:

Then also maybe a DCA NE vs DCA C

(say August) - In Toledo, OHIO. - MBI,Kilts,Govies,Lakeshore, vs Empire,Brigs,Crusaders,Reading in a "Snow Country Show Down"

IF only we had the MONEY to host these Three Shows.

Just a dream maybe. But it's fun to think of.

Well I did NOT win the over 200 million Lottery last night. So. I will have to put my plan on HOLD!

Even if I got some of the regions wrong, this would be an AWESOME super regional. I bet if we got the right minds together...and a sponsor, we could find a place to have this show and really pull this thing off. It does not seem to me to be a pipe dream. This is quite possible. "The DCA Throwdown 2010". Possibly the biggest show of the season besides DCA prelims. I like it.

I'm liking this concept and it would serve a lot of purposes. Corps would get a good read against corps they normally don't compete against and also have a large event. It also allows some smaller corps who may not be able to do Rochester but attend this event.

We need some people in those central locations (KY or Tenn) who could come up with a field and logistics. Maybe we can tie in with a local event that may even pay $$ (parade). Set a date range etc.

Then next thing would be to work out the $$$ and sponsors. If we set it in motion I'm sure it will get going.

DCAS

Open - Alliance - Corpvets - MCL

A -Austin Stars - Gulf Coast Sound - Shenandoah Sound - Sun Devils

DCAC

Open - MBI - Kilties

A - Chops - Govenaires - Lakeshoreman - Vigilantes

5 open and 8 Class A - not bad

Now, I agree that Alliance is really good this year (and not sure if the scores have indicated how good), but couldn't the Renegades make an argument as the Open Class corps with the best, first season?

This is exactly why I voted "no" in the poll above. Complete props to Alliance, though.

Now, I agree that Alliance is really good this year (and not sure if the scores have indicated how good), but couldn't the Renegades make an argument as the Open Class corps with the best, first season?

If you go back to 1982...there was no DCA Class A then....the Bushwackers placed 8th at DCA Finals in their first season.

Fran

Nice concept, however the critical element for success is still missing. As part of the monster DCA Midwest/South show, there must be some type of get together so that we can all meet each other, make new friends, rediscover old friends, and hang out.

The ultimate signature on a great idea.

:worthy:

I am really stoked about this idea. Sooo, I looked for a geographical midpoint. It turns out that the midpoint in near Metropolis, IL / Paducah, KY

3861504977_77419d2974_o.png

3862288040_52f1931450_o.png

Paducah is actually pretty close to Nashville. So why don't we make Music City Metal IV the biggest, baddest show of the season? Just thinkin out loud.

Personally, I think a show of this size needs to be held at a venue that is capable of handling the parking and housing needs for so many groups. If there is a college or university close to that area, why not work with a contact there?

Has anyone considered Bloomington, Illinois (not Indiana) as a possible locale? I used to fly into Bloomington when I worked in Peoria a couple of years ago and find that area kinda neat because there is a nice airport that is served by three major airlines. There are a ton of places to eat and housing at hotels would be a cinch. It is also the corporate headquarters for State Farm or one of them big insurance companies, so I imagine they get a ton of business travelers. I'd bet they have a local convention bureau that would kill to have a show like this is their area.

Thoughts???