Jim Mason joining Madison Scouts

Linda....

I have to help you here. I am never a kool-aid drinker. Really. Not.

I evaluate each season, off-season, each move, etc. I try to analyze each event for what it's worth.

This is easily the biggest news for what it does for Madison and also of how it effects the corps around them.

This pushes Troopers to do more. This pushes Glassmen. This pushes Boston and Regiment and Bluecoats. This upsets a Blue Stars apple cart a bit. This shakes things in Tempe. Because the names already being bantered about are the ones people talk about all the time. Some of the legends have returned to the game now. It's like Jordan walking back on the court...not now, but when he did after his baseball stint/stunt. See, these guys who we are discussing...these legends...still have plenty of game. This is a Drum Corps Fan's Dream - Part Tres. That's what this is.

What was that link again? Oh, there it is...up there...in your quote.

I would guess it only upsets the Blue Stars applecart if the Stars lose design staff to Madison. I have to believe Aungst would not have signed on with the Stars if they did not have everything in place and looking good for 2010.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horn people help me out. I'm not a horn guy so, how big is it to have Donnie VanDoren's name associated with the Scouts? I flat out love Crown's sound, but I will be the first to admit I don't know who the horn gurus are anymore.

Linda....

I have to help you here. I am never a kool-aid drinker. Really. Not.

I evaluate each season, off-season, each move, etc. I try to analyze each event for what it's worth.

This is easily the biggest news for what it does for Madison and also of how it effects the corps around them.

This pushes Troopers to do more. This pushes Glassmen. This pushes Boston and Regiment and Bluecoats. This upsets a Blue Stars apple cart a bit. This shakes things in Tempe. Because the names already being bantered about are the ones people talk about all the time. Some of the legends have returned to the game now. It's like Jordan walking back on the court...not now, but when he did after his baseball stint/stunt. See, these guys who we are discussing...these legends...still have plenty of game. This is a Drum Corps Fan's Dream - Part Tres. That's what this is.

What was that link again? Oh, there it is...up there...in your quote.

Linda, you were right! :worthy:

I'm not so much worried about how much this move will affect Crown, because DVD will most likely always consult with his proteges, no matter who is is with.

I am deeply concerned how this will affect the Blue Stars though. Will there be any staff shakeups? Brad Green is a Blast alum, and of course Josh Talbott and Frank Sullivan are both Star alums. Will they stay put..???

Will there be a tug-o-war in Wisconsin and surrounding areas for talent? I mean there are already 6 World Class corps in a small area up there all vying for the very best talent around, and with Crown siphoning off some very talented Indiana kids, it only decreases the talent pool up there.

I look for good things out of the Scouts...if not this year, then most definitely next.

Horn people help me out. I'm not a horn guy so, how big is it to have Donnie VanDoren's name associated with the Scouts? I flat out love Crown's sound, but I will be the first to admit I don't know who the horn gurus are anymore.

Very, very, very, very big. The thing about having him there is who he'll probably bring with him (staffwise), I think.

Edited by StradmanBW

Very, very, very, very big. The thing about having him there is who he'll probably bring with him (staffwise), I think.

Well, I have to say. I am always amazed at their sound. It's goosebump good.

Linda, you were right! :worthy:

True, but didn't want to rub his nose in it... especially after this comment:

Silly good. Just drink yourself silly with a cup of silly good stuff.

Seems he's definitely into that green Kool-Aid now, and even has his checkbook handy!

Oop... almost forgot that donation link... here it is again:

http://madisonscouts.org/Madison_Scouts/Support.html

Edited by Linda Slocum

John Madden called, and he told me to tell all of you "BAM!"

This is hands down the biggest silly season move made by a drum corps in years, if not ever. If all works well and the kids can respond, Madison becomes a top 5 corps again in less than 5 years.

Edited by Newseditor44