Jim Mason joining Madison Scouts

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the hornline comes out sounding like Star (or Crown), will that get you Scouties' panties in a bunch?

Probably. But our outrage/disappointment will be in direct inverse proportion to their highest finish.

Correction, it became tougher on ONE corps in the 8-14th range. Madison can go up as high as they want, it only knocks one other corps out of Finals.

It's a brilliant move to announce these changes now to generate interest, just don't start writing the ticket to the Top 6 in 2010 yet. The other corps know that they need to step up their game too.

(Honestly, as long as I don't have to worry about Troop being in Finals Madison can do whatever they want.)

Note to Pinwiz...start worrying.

Note to Pinwiz...start worrying.

All Troopers have to do is move ahead of at least one 2009 corps and keep all but Madison behind them. Given the staff and membership of Troop, I wouldn't worry since they'll do that for the rest of us.

All Troopers have to do is move ahead of at least one 2009 corps and keep all but Madison behind them. Given the staff and membership of Troop, I wouldn't worry since they'll do that for the rest of us.

Yeah...in other words, the Troop has to find a point to point and half of improvement or they have to count on other corps slipping.

Right now I don't see them overtaking Blue Knights or Glassmen next year. I also see Madison as their chief rival for a finals spot. Also, let's not forget two other corps who finished just behind Troopers.

Like I said. Worry. It's not a bad thing. They have to improve 1.5 to make sure they hit finals next year. That's their worry. How exactly to do that.

I guess the only one missing from the old team is Hannum.....hmmmm, wonder who is going to do the percussion gig?