Jim Mason joining Madison Scouts

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very different.

Plus BD gets the talent than Madison can only DREAM of.

I am glad madison made changes and they are good one's.

PLEASE don't make me the bad guy here.

I am excited but don't go overboard.

besides DVD this team has not done anything in WC DCI in quite a while.

don't drink ALL THE KOOL -AID - JUST SIP IT.

Well, when you see who else is onboard I beleive your concerns will be minimized.

Well, when you see who else is onboard I beleive your concerns will be minimized.

:laughing:

isn't the 'former' true though? atleast for now?
well lets be honest.. BD gets a very high level of talent, more than most corps out there. success breeds success.

It may be true, or maybe they don't literally dream about it. I just think it's needlessly insensitive toward current members.

You are correct, Jim did indeed play sop in 1975.

SUPER! Somebody ask Jim Mason if he believes Madison was undefeated in 1975 :laughing: haha

sorry wrong topic

Funniest email I received today:

9 years until the scouts announce that they are leaving Drum Corp to produce a broadway-style musical revue entitled

“CRAP!”

Seriously, the optimism here has been nice to see (although a bit over the top), but my hope for all the Scouts is that you are still enjoying a viable DCI corps in a decade. (I'll bet you will be. This has been Mason's dream job at least since his earliest days at Star.)

Many of us aren't lucky enough to enjoy the same.

KS

The last time I checked Blue Stars burst back into the top 12 with much improved hornline and corps, and I got two words to describe Crowns hornline "Jim Ott". You might not want them looking like "Blue Stars or Crown" but you definitely want them to sound like them.

My .02

ABB

Of course I want excellence, but I don't want sameness. One used to be able to identify Scouts without even seeing them. BTW People forget that Ott arranged Madison's 1980 "Theyre playing our Song" show. Who knows, had he not met an untimely end he may have become to Scouts what Scott Boerma became.

I am looking forward to the new Jim mason drinking game, chug a beer each time he looks into the stands to see how the crowd is responding. Double chug if his hands are above his head.

:laughing::unsure: Now that's funny! I don't think that many people would get through the game without getting drunk.

Edited by bmroth1