Jim Mason joining Madison Scouts

Anyone know what's going on with Dann Petersen? He's still listed as corps director on the website, but isn't quoted in any of the press releases.

Just to answer my own question...I just had a short conversation with Dann on facebook and he is most certainly still the corps director. In his own words: "I will continue to be corps director in 2010. We still have a long way to go, but I'm committed to that journey."

I think this is wonderful news. With all of the wonderful design talent the corps is bringing in, I'm also glad that we aren't throwing the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak. It seems like the last few transitions the corps has gone through (Scott to Sal, and then from Sal to Spanos/Dann/Komnick/etc.) have been basically clean sweeps, with very little continuity. Hopefully some continuity will help smooth out any bumps in the road.

Just my $.02 from the outside.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to answer my own question...I just had a short conversation with Dann on facebook and he is most certainly still the corps director. In his own words: "I will continue to be corps director in 2010. We still have a long way to go, but I'm committed to that journey."

I think this is wonderful news. With all of the wonderful design talent the corps is bringing in, I'm also glad that we aren't throwing the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak. It seems like the last few transitions the corps has gone through (Scott to Sal, and then from Sal to Spanos/Dann/Komnick/etc.) have been basically clean sweeps, with very little continuity. Hopefully some continuity will help smooth out any bumps in the road.

Just my $.02 from the outside.

Will he be changing his name to Jim, to fit in with everybody else? :tongue:

Will he be changing his name to Jim, to fit in with everybody else? :tongue:

but spelled, "Jimm" :tongue:

:thumbup::tongue: :tongue:

:thumbup:

Yeah...in other words, the Troop has to find a point to point and half of improvement or they have to count on other corps slipping.

Right now I don't see them overtaking Blue Knights or Glassmen next year. I also see Madison as their chief rival for a finals spot. Also, let's not forget two other corps who finished just behind Troopers.

Like I said. Worry. It's not a bad thing. They have to improve 1.5 to make sure they hit finals next year. That's their worry. How exactly to do that.

Some say prayer is also helpful.

Phrases I especially liked in today's press release:

"significant role"

"directly involved"

What does this mean exactly, do you think???

I want to know how much these guys are gonna be around the corps, and who the techs are.

Looking forward to JM's contributions for sure!