Madison Scouts Announce Jim Prime as Music Arranger and Designer

no thanks. the activity has long since lapped dennis on the track of innovation...

based on what, exactly? opinion?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well yeah of course. all of this is subjective. there is no objective way to measure the relevance of someone's arranging. but dennis still writes like it's 1981.

If Dennis isn't associated with MEG I wouldn't worry about that possibility anyway.

Dave, I'm not sure any deep pockets will be needed. Jim and crew have successful ventures outside of the drum corps. I cannot believe they would financial endanger the Scouts. It feels like this is about constructing a solid creative and instructional base on which a great old corps can regain some of it's former swagger. It will probably take a couple of years, but I predict great things ahead.

What strange times we are living. The Scouts with a Jimmer book and a breath-dah technique hornline. My world is officially inverted. :thumbup:

Okay I will throw one out. Lots of percussion speculation, but since so much of the old gang is getting involved in this project, what would it take to get Mr. Delucia to contribute some funky beats? I see him as a great fit for a Scout style book. Just thinking out loud....

I think if given the opportunity, Dennis would do a fabulous job. He's not as "out of the loop" as a lot of folks here might think he is. Knowing him though, I don't know if it is something he is really looking for at this time in his life. But thenm again, its been a few years since we have chatted, so who knows.

no thanks. the activity has long since lapped dennis on the track of innovation...

I'm guessing from your comment that you're up there on the leading edge, innovation wise...

Maybe you'll get the Mad gig?

No offense to Rutgers University...but is that really a hotbed of DCI level talent?

My thoughts exactly. No offense to ANY college group, but unless you're UNT, UMass, RCC, etc., you're probably not getting the level of difficulty one might expect of a world class line. Jusy sayin...