Madison Scouts Announce Jim Moore as Choreographer and Color Guard Vis

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's so cool... I marched with him!

He's immensely talented and I'm sure will be a great addition to Madison's staff.

More exciting news. I beleive this will definitely help

recruiting/retention in the Guard department! :thumbup:

By the way, John (Naked Eye) great artwork! Anyone

who can produce such excellent work with watercolor like you do

has my respect!

Edited by madalumni

Hey Oldtimedrummer...they announced guard caption! Whaddaya know?! :doh:

I tease. :rolleyes:

Awesome stuff! Go get it, guard!

Just curious - so I know they've brought in a whole bunch of big names for designers. . . are they planning on keeping some of the instructional staff around, or is it going to be completely new? I just ask because it seems like having a totally revamped staff might have an impact on vet retention for the 2010 season. . . members do have a loyalty to their staff, and it seems like this might cause some resentment.

But that's a very trivial, short-term issue. These announcements obviously mean great things for Madison in the coming years. . . they're certainly taking the rest steps towards becoming a force to be reckoned with in DCI again. . . and even if this did effect vet retention for 2010, it's obviously a huge positive in the long run.

He seems to have a nice track record! Another great pickup!

I just hope the Scouts can deal with the high-quality demand the staff will be throwing at them.

Just curious - so I know they've brought in a whole bunch of big names for designers. . . are they planning on keeping some of the instructional staff around, or is it going to be completely new? I just ask because it seems like having a totally revamped staff might have an impact on vet retention for the 2010 season. . . members do have a loyalty to their staff, and it seems like this might cause some resentment.

But that's a very trivial, short-term issue. These announcements obviously mean great things for Madison in the coming years. . . they're certainly taking the rest steps towards becoming a force to be reckoned with in DCI again. . . and even if this did effect vet retention for 2010, it's obviously a huge positive in the long run.

I really liked Nick Williams, I wouldn't mind if they kept him around. So far it seems like they're cleaning house...

The brass staff in general seemed really good; lots of Madison alumni helping out like Taco and Schipper. The scores seem to reflect them being the best out the corps, so it wouldn't be all that bad keeping them around IMO.

We'll see soon enough.

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

Jim Moore was responsible for so much of the visual program for Blast and Shockwave/Cyberjam. He is supremely talented and this just keeps adding jewels to the amazing staff Madison is building.