Spokane Thunder 2010

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firebird Suite perhaps? It's the first thing that came to my mind.

I'm thinking that it will be original works by Nick Golding. It was his original music that Thunder used in '08 that did so well for them. I can't wait to hear what they will play this season.

So, anyone who can't afford big tour fees and can't tour for 6 weeks this season, check out Thunder! Get SOME marching and SOME touring under your belt. It really is a fantastic organization staffed with people who really really care about the kids.

I'll let you in on a little secret... :wall: They have excellent meals to boot!! :inlove:

• 2 weeks later...

Bravo Thunder!!!

I know re-emerging after combining for a year with the Cascades was the plan all along, but I was very pessimistic it would actually happen. I'm am very happy to read that they will be on the field again this summer.

The Northwest corps certainly aren't getting much help from DCI - no show in Seattle or Spokane AGAIN this year!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder, if you are still considering joining an Open Class Corps this season, Spokane Thunder is waiting to welcome you into their ranks. The next camp is this weekend, Feb 12-14th at Horizon Middle School in Spokane. I'll be heading out there to check them out and report back.

Again, if you are a bit short of cash and can't do a full tour, then check Thunder out. It would be a great way for you to do Drum Corps without breaking the bank. You'll still be hitting the road and I can guarantee that you will make friends for life.

Their tour is...

July 2, 2010.......Eugene, OR

July 3, 2010.......Hillsboro, OR

July 5, 2010.......Pasco, WA

July 6, 2010.......Ontario, OR

July 7, 2010.......Ogden, UT

July 10, 2010.....San Jose, CA

July 11, 2010.....Dublin, CA

July 16, 2010.....Corona, CA

July 17, 2010.....Long Beach, CA

http://www.Spokanethunder.org

Edited by MsBusDriver

Unfortunately, half of our staff cannot make it out this weekend, so our camp for this weekend has been cancelled. We will hopefully remake this camp up at a later date! For now, our next scheduled camp is March 12-14 in Ritzville (additional details to come at a later date).

Figures snow affects us when it's thousands of miles away!!

Bummer... :worthy:

Thanks for letting us know. I'll try to make it to next camp.

Ritzville huh. Guess I'll have to stop by the diner and have breakfast with the Farmers. :worthy:

Edited by MsBusDriver

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Thunder will have their next camp March 12-14. It also looks like they will be at Horizon Jr High School in Spokane. I can't wait to hear them and report back on how they're doing.

Come join in for the greatest experience you'll ever have. (I'm speaking from experience ya know... Really!!)

http://www.spokanethunder.org/index.html

Thunder, welcome back to the line up. You were really missed!!

Michael