The $64,000 question

Love it when I set myself up for flamebait and the honks come out in droves :rolleyes:

I'm thankful so many of you are happy with the direction Gmen are heading. I regret that I don't share your view. I'm sure they'll turn out a fine corps next season, but I still stand by my hunch.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it when I set myself up for flamebait and the honks come out in droves :rolleyes:

I'm thankful so many of you are happy with the direction Gmen are heading. I regret that I don't share your view. I'm sure they'll turn out a fine corps next season, but I still stand by my hunch.

Its not honks its just me.

And next time look at other corps sites to make sure they have posted stuff after finals because i went to a couple and found nothing. I guess they are going out of top 12 too.

Edited by Silver_King

It's not worth getting worked up over until we start hearing camp reports and/or recordings and video to hear how the quality is changing.

As for me, I think these are high-quality signings, but I'm not expecting immediate impact. If it happens, great for Madison, but I'm not going to force unfair (and possibly unrealistic) hopes and expectation for what they should play and how they should look and sound in THE FIRST YEAR of involvement of these new staff members. Give them time to put their stamp on Madison and don't read too much into the first year. Remember that Madison missed Finals in 2002 and bounced back with a good show up to 8th place in 2003 and everyone thought Madison was back for good. Here we are 6 years later re-discussing our hopes for them getting back to Finals. A single year's result can just as easily be an indicator as an anomaly; these individuals have established themselves because they understand how to develop members and performers over time.

With the Scouts recent staff additions, the "competitive inertia" (to use a term coined by another DCP'er) seems to be that the Scouts will be a shoe-in for finals next season.

However, if the Scouts are in, that means someone else is out.

The $64,000 question is:

If the Scouts make finals in 2010, which finalist from this season gets ousted?

Madison in? Yes.

Troopers out? Also, yes.

Please pay me in 10s and 20s. Thanks!

Madison in? Yes.

Troopers out? Also, yes.

Please pay me in 10s and 20s. Thanks!

all i have is pennies will that do?

Its not honks its just me.

And next time look at other corps sites to make sure they have posted stuff after finals because i went to a couple and found nothing. I guess they are going out of top 12 too.

Look at it this way .. if Next August Gmen are in finals .. you can raz me until my face falls off. Until then, stop crying about my opinion.

Truth be told, I think both Troopers and Gmen will be out next year .... but Troop should be ahead of them in the end. Either Academy or Colts will have the 12 spot in 2010.

That's my opinion ... get over it. If you want to know why ... feel free to ask. Then you can have fun for a couple days tearing it apart :)

Until then, I'm going back on the roof and sip a cold one. :rolleyes:

Madison will make finals and be much improved and as for who it is that misses out that will be determined next August...

Sad to see that there is already a group "hating" on Madison because of they have now been somewhat affiliated with the old Star.

That staff does not need a big checkbook to make a great product just as they didn't need it when Star was around.