The $64,000 question

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to see that there is already a group "hating" on Madison because of they have now been somewhat affiliated with the old Star.

3 cheers! I mean, really! Just because some people insist on correlating the current ... staff ... with .......... Star....

That staff does not need a big checkbook to make a great product just as they didn't need it when Star was around.

With the Scouts recent staff additions, the "competitive inertia" (to use a term coined by another DCP'er) seems to be that the Scouts will be a shoe-in for finals next season.

However, if the Scouts are in, that means someone else is out.

The $64,000 question is:

If the Scouts make finals in 2010, which finalist from this season gets ousted?

BD and SCV both. The "BIG ONE" hits the Bay area and swallows up both Santa Clara and Concord. VK rises up with the left over members that survive and makes WC Finals. The shark eats J.J. Pipitone at Finals.

BD and SCV both. The "BIG ONE" hits the Bay area and swallows up both Santa Clara and Concord. VK rises up with the left over members that survive and makes WC Finals. The shark eats J.J. Pipitone at Finals.

No, the fires here in Socal will take care of VK as well. Well, that or hurricane Jimenez. Oh yea, SoCal is in the epicenter of some bad stuff... :tongue:

I hope I can get out in time! :tongue:

On topic, I'd say Glassmen out... Troopers improve... Bk is set to go through their down cycled, but I think this year was that down cycle...

Madison will hopefully be in finals next year with an awesome show....

It's never too early to dream and prepare... Now it's back to loading the U-Haul...

With the Scouts recent staff additions, the "competitive inertia" (to use a term coined by another DCP'er) seems to be that the Scouts will be a shoe-in for finals next season.

Yikes, putting the cart before the horse, are we? No disrespect to the Scouts, and best of luck to them. But can't we at least wait until they get on the field before anointing them?

peace,

Fred O.

The $64,000 question is:

How much is all of these "new hires" are going to cost Madison.

The other mitigating factor may be that unlike the glory days of Star and the open checkbook, the Scouts most likely have to live within a budget like the rest of DCI.

True.

Sad to see that there is already a group "hating" on Madison because of they have now been somewhat affiliated with the old Star.

That staff does not need a big checkbook to make a great product just as they didn't need it when Star was around.

I'm sorry, but my impression is that Madison did indeed pull out the check book to get back into finals.

There is one important option that deserves consideration - 13 corps finish in the top 12 due to a tie for 12th in Semifinals.

Hey - it could happen (see 1977).

IIRC it became 13 in part because the Bridgemen were DQ'd after prelims (they scored 4th methinks). Finals originally had 12 corps, the last 2 tied (Garfield, and Crossmen or Kilties(?)); then B-men got a court injunction to let them perform.

Also, if you ever get a chance to see / hear recording of Garfield 77 they absolutely ROCK. My fav Garfield show after 87.

How much is all of these "new hires" are going to cost Madison.

True.

I'm sorry, but my impression is that Madison did indeed pull out the check book to get back into finals.

That's really not fair. Every corps trying to put together a staff that can create a top 5 show and bring in talented members pulls out the "checkbook" every single year. The best cost money, period. You think the boys at the top don't pay through the nose to hold on to their "winning formula"? Why should Madison be criticized for trying to hire a staff that can help them achieve their goals. At the end of the season it will be 150 marching members executing a product that will get them back into finals, if that is indeed what happens, not a "checkbook".

BK