What makes Phantom '06 so special?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2006, the BEST Phantom Regiment this decade

It's right near the top for me. Completely off the chain. Love the tension in way the show starts. Love the Corigliano. Dig the closer. If anything, the ballad is the low point for me...that's saying a lot. And that drum line was totally sick.

Can't get into it? Hmm...I can't relate at all...sorry.

I personally thought that hornline was pretty terrible.

Good thing you're not a judge then.. You'd be in disagreement with the other brass judges

So a lot of you are putting Phantom 2006 on your lists of tons shows from 2005 on. Why? I've seen the show many times and it hasn't grown on me. Am I missing something? I feel like there's something right in front of me that I'm overlooking.

Thanks!

I am in the same boat. I enjoyed Phantom 2005 and 2007 much more than 2006.

The selling point for me with this show was "Ave Maria." Great story line, performed well, just not executed as well as the Cavies on finals night.

Wow. I know we all have different tastes, but that claim is pretty laughable. The jamming second number after the ElastiCorps drill had plenty of notes, as did the high velocity closer. It's cool if you gave it a chance but didn't like the show, but blaming it on a lack of notes makes me question whether you've actually ever listened to the show.

Just rewatched the show, and I do have to give props to the "jamming second number." They played notes there. . . .aside from that, the show was mostly repeated motifs and character movement. They did a lot of cool body movement, but I never really got into the music book. Personal preference, I suppose.

And yes, I don't think anyone on here is unaware of my dislike of the Cavaliers. What can I say? At least I'm consistent.

Just rewatched the show, and I do have to give props to the "jamming second number." They played notes there. . . .aside from that, the show was mostly repeated motifs and character movement. They did a lot of cool body movement, but I never really got into the music book. Personal preference, I suppose.

And yes, I don't think anyone on here is unaware of my dislike of the Cavaliers. What can I say? At least I'm consistent.

you do love bent leg technique though right?