GenCon 2010 Date Moved

28,000 people trained in the use of either a light saber or long sword? I think gencon would win...

Drum corps has rifles...I know, but they don't really shoot. The gencon long swords really do cut.

true. but we're smart. this is what I'd do:

"hey look...isn't that Darth Nihlus?" ( Stern fans know this reference)

then as they turn to look, I go about my business. easier than a Jedi mind trick

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but I can only attest to those on I-65 after the race. I was on the highway on that day one year and most of the way from Indy to Chicago was among the most crowded I'd ever seen any long stretch of highway. And to think that was just one direction out of Indy.

I left my apartment in Carmel one year to go to the race and it took me nearly five hours to get to the track. Yikes!

Maybe I'm reading their website wrong ... but Comfort Suites City Centre ... the one visible from Lucas Oil Stadium ... is charging $1,000 per night during next year's DCI Championship. Other hotels downtown charge for parking each night .. on top of the daily room charge.

Maybe I'm reading their website wrong ... but Comfort Suites City Centre ... the one visible from Lucas Oil Stadium ... is charging $1,000 per night during next year's DCI Championship.

You've got to remember that includes a cheese tray.

Cheese_Tray.jpg

Edited by Michael Boo

There are plenty of hotel rooms in Indy. If you want the convenience of walking to the huge Oil Can, you'll pay for it. If you are cheap like me and want to stay in a beautiful suite for $55 a night out by the airport....you'll do that.

I'm glad the nerds won't be around during Finals. Well....the band nerds will be...crap.

Maybe I'm reading their website wrong ... but Comfort Suites City Centre ... the one visible from Lucas Oil Stadium ... is charging $1,000 per night during next year's DCI Championship. Other hotels downtown charge for parking each night .. on top of the daily room charge.

That's the same rate they had posted last year at this time too. I called them a week after the Bloomington finals to see if it was a mistake, and the manager told me, since I was a Choice Priveleges Platinum Member, my rate was only $900 per night :cool: .

We stayed at a Quality Inn about 6 miles from the stadium for $65/night :cool: .