Sun Devils - on the Road to Rochester

Thank you to everyone for your kind words about the Sun Devils. The corps worked very hard this season.

The corps did leave a little bit early yesterday, only to have MAJOR bus problems. Apparently, the computer that controls the rear tires decided that the wheels needed to turn to the left while we were doing 70mph on the highway. The back of the bus swerved and shuttered. We immediately pulled off to ##### the situation. To make a long story short, we had to spend the night in a hotel in Beckley, WV. We are still here awaiting a replacement bus which should be here by 1:00pm.

Due to out driver's alertness, we avoided what could have been a really bad night.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To ALL my fellow Sun Devils that are on the bus I just want to tell you all I'm so thankful that a bad situation didn't turn out way worse.

I'm glad to hear you all ended up with a place to stay last night instead of another night of bus sleep. ( standing still bus sleep at that. :devil: )

This weekend was a great experience, and I can't wait for next year to go out and do it again!

Thank you to all of the fans who have been rooting for us all season, it was very nice to see.

How long till Open House!? :devil:

Oh man... Here comes the longgggggg wait.

We are on a new bus! We have to head over to Savannah, Ga to switch busses again. Then we will finally be on the way home. Sheesh. I am ready to sleep in my own bed.

I would guess that it must be the visual as well as I heard the warm up arc, and must say the sound of the brass line was quite amazing. Good blend, good concept of air and pitch, seemingly good technique as well. I was quite surprised to hear the low score on my way to the stadium with the Grenadiers.

Mark Cole is doing great work in the brass program...welcome to DCA in Rochester.

Donny

We are on a new bus! We have to head over to Savannah, Ga to switch busses again. Then we will finally be on the way home. Sheesh. I am ready to sleep in my own bed.

The things you have to do for 15 minutes of fame on the field at Rochester.

I would guess that it must be the visual as well as I heard the warm up arc, and must say the sound of the brass line was quite amazing. Good blend, good concept of air and pitch, seemingly good technique as well. I was quite surprised to hear the low score on my way to the stadium with the Grenadiers.

Mark Cole is doing great work in the brass program...welcome to DCA in Rochester.

Donny

Yeah, Sun Devils definitely had the loudest hornline in Class A and it was a really nice full, rich sound. I'm so glad you guys made the trip out. I'm really looking forward to seeing you, and competing against you, next year. Make sure you all make it home safe and sound.

South Carolina - incindentally we passed Alliance a few hours ago. Apparently, they also are having bus issues.

I see palm trees again. The day is getting better

A conspiracy against the southern corps???

Hope all corps make it back safe and sound. BTW, Thank God that SD had the alert bus driver that they did to be able to keep the corps safe. AMEN!!

Yeah, Sun Devils definitely had the loudest hornline in Class A and it was a really nice full, rich sound. I'm so glad you guys made the trip out. I'm really looking forward to seeing you, and competing against you, next year. Make sure you all make it home safe and sound.

Hey we won something!!!! ......loudest Class A hornline of 2009........

Thanks for the compliments Donny and Cathie. I loved the Freelancers Mini-corps. You guys rocked the house.

We just unloaded all the pit equipment with the crew from the "lifeboat" van sent from the disabled bus.

Hang in there Sun Dev's on the bus. This will be a good story 2 months from now.

I hope all our brother DCA-South corps get home safely.

Edited by paradiddle