• Elite
    • Formost
    • Select
    • Open (with one of the above also)
    • Stay the same
  2. 2. Change - Class A

• Open
    • Stay -Class A

Since DCI has changed, and taken to using the word "World Class" Div., and "Open Class" which means lower Division. Which is fine.

Why not up date DCA. Just something to talk about in Rochester and here.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay the same. Calling the top 10 "Superior" or "Elite" would seem to indicate that the quality of say the 10th place DCA finalist is that much better than the top Class A. This is usually not the case. The qualitative differences between the bottom World Class DCI finalist and top Open Class units are usually much more pronounced.

Superior? Elite? Select? How about adding Grade A, choice, milk-fed/corn-fed, Gov't Inspected, Kosher, Halal, etc...too?

If you want to have a better descriptive "updating" without sounding like snobish meat inspectors, how about just DCA Big, DCA Small, DCA Mini, DCA Alumni?

Joe

ain't broke? Don't fix it!

ain't broke? Don't fix it!

Exactly !

you mean as an organization or the performers? because every corps in DCA has a wide range of talent and experience within their corps

Superior? Elite? Select? How about adding Grade A, choice, milk-fed/corn-fed, Gov't Inspected, Kosher, Halal, etc...too?

If you want to have a better descriptive "updating" without sounding like snobish meat inspectors, how about just DCA Big, DCA Small, DCA Mini, DCA Alumni?

Joe

OH. Unlike DCI which has NEVER had a group outside of North America make Div I or "World" Class Finals. Heck. they are just holding on to Canada by a thread in "Open" Class. (I know some European groups have been in this lower Div). I think Kingtson Grenadiers look closer to becoming "DCA Open Class" than any of the groups (outside of the USA) in "DCI Open Class" are, to making DCI World Class.

At least DCA can say that JAPAN had a group make finals in "Open Class". Then also NOW. DCA will be getting at least one group from England next year.

But this is turning out as I thought it would. Making sure that the DCA "Open Class" Champion is about the same as the DCI "Open Class". Wonder if SCV Cadets or Blue Devils - B (or DCA Reading Buc's) would agree to that.

By the way "Joe" DCA does NOT have, "DCA Mini" or "DCA Alumni" Divisions. Yes, they do SPONSOR a show of each of those every year. No different than any other Organization that do/could if they liked. There was no need to be a smart aleck (Meat Inspectors etc) about it. Just dis-agree. Like Tom P. Dis-agreed. (like others.) No Problem with that.

I by the way said. I do not have a BIG problem with the "Division" names. It was just something to talk about. As long as both Org's are Happy with things as they are, "FINE". No Big Deal.

Edited by OldStyleCorps

Heh...I would personally love to see Grenadiers back in Open Class! They did very well for themselves in with the big boys, with popping out some surprises here and there.

First show of 1997 beating Buccaneers

Being on top of Skyliners, Bushwackers and Hurricanes who are staples in DCA

The AWESOME but fun rivalry between Grenadiers and Crusaders

The small but very mighty percussion section of 2002 finishing 5th overall drums in Prelims (0.85 behind Buccaneers) *Thank you John Flowers!!!*

Making finals for the first time in 1998 after being 12th in 1995, 1996, and 1997

Sorry, just felt like remembering the good times I had with Grenadiers from 1997 to 2003 and 2005. I took 2004 off, which was a stupid move.