DCA vs DCI

It can be done!

mr. cone,

thanks for the reply.... im jealous.. how do u pull it off? id love to know how..... answering these questions will help me understand...

1. is the corps you are marching with just rehearsing during the week?

2. is ur main instrument tuba, and if so who employs you? what type of clients.. my wife will be teaching high school band full time by 2011 we hope, shes a dci vet, and is inspired by your statement so how do u do it?

3. do you guys not compete on the weekends?

4. my student just marched his first year of corps with sun. they had a very very light schedule due to the fact its so expensive to live here u have to constantly think about work or u will be homeless.. anyhow.. even with the light schedule they had and they only did like 4 shows or so, i could have never marched.... going to dcas this year meant i had to block a thursday night, friday night, friday night late shift, sat afternoon, sat eve, and made it home for the sat late shift....... as it was going to dca this year was an amazing expense and with some cancelations i got for september already im not off to a good start for the fall...

5. please, i wanna know... maybe the business model you guys are using would help out here.. id love to march corps again, but all i could commit is dca weekend, assuming we dont make finals other wise the whole weekend is total financial loss with not having sun afternoon or sun evening....

6. i could commit maybe one week night a month... i only have a small number of students so scheduling wouldnt be a big deal....there is no way i could do any week end commitments...

7. what is your website? id love to see your solicitation videos you use for getting new clients...

8. looking forward to hearing from you.....

partydrummer@johndonovan.biz

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bucs are the All-Age World Champions.

Good people. Good program. Good product.

Let's let em enjoy it....you know...for a day or two.

I had the tremendous pleasure of attending the DCA Prelims and Finals for the first time (since I was marching all other years). I absolutely loved it. I'm a long time patron of DCI Championships and agree that it is pointless to try and compare. I like them both for various reasons. But, honestly, my heart is with DCA. And, I thought the quality presented by all the finalist corps was great.

Wishbone, regarding your last comment, I think the Bucs are already working on 2010!

Thank you Zorf

I agree with your comments... please folks... viva la difference

all comparisons are invalid... not even apples and oranges... more like apples and grapefruit... love 'em both

I am confused by this statement. The Bucs have Gino Cipriani as their brass caption head... he is the same as Cadets. Weren't the Cadets 3rd this year? Hasn't he won brass before in DCI. How can you not say that DCA has comparable staff to DCI?

This is not the only example, but thought I would point out this one.

sure there are examples of individuals on reading's staff who are top-tier DCI quality instructors/designers. my point is that overall, from top to bottom, their staff is clearly not better than EVERY SINGLE staff in DCI, which is the claim that was made by the original poster ("second to none in dci" was the terminology used).

for the record, the buccaneers' staff is BY FAR the best in DCA, in my opinion. no one else is even close.

The biggest difference between DCI & DCA is that nobody in this forum has been complaining or whining like babies about the judges, placements, stadium or choice of music by corps after finals and the weekend was way less expensive than the other guys.

give it time, tho with no hurricanes, no mini corps left out and everyone getting pictures, i'm not sure what one could complain about minus scores

Interesting thread to me because my first thought after watching the Bucs perform

at finals was "Man, that show would definitely made DCI top 12." For the record,

I have never thought that an all-ager would make DCI finals simply due to the

lack of cleanliness visually since they don't have the time for that like the juniors do.

The 2009 Bucs, however, have made a marked step up visually that would put

them right there with DCI corps.

Where would they place? Behind Phantom and above Glassmen, IMO.

Yeah, I know about apple and oranges, but what the Bucs have achieved (with

MBI right on their tail) is quite exceptional.

just have to find a promoter to take the risk..... what else would have to happen????

3 dci vs 3 dca corps would be great!!! ill bet ya ticket sales would be good!!!