CT Hurricanes and DCA

Consider this:

I guess my credentials make me some kind of "expert" although I prefer that being at almost every DCA championship just gives me a lot of seniority and experience:

Caballeros - 3 years ago - would have won with that performance! and I have no problem with the order of finish ... So I could repeat that statement for MBI, Emp and Hurcs... and this old DCA Color Guard/Visual Judge and former Visual Caption Chief will add that Hurcs guard was the best ever in DCA... and that includes both Matadors and Bushwackers in the mid 1980's...

Congrats to all on a magnificent season.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T ~ I'll disagree with you. There were aspects of each of their shows where they had an edge on each other IMO. I really loved MB's show. It was an excellent presentation. I also loved the Hurricane's production as well and while I felt that MB had the edge finals night apparently there were a pack of judges who thought they were prettttyyyy darn close the night before.

Or are you asking them to reconsider how they view this activity as well?? :tongue:

Dude, seriously?

You have no class. You need to rethink when you post.

To call someone with a straightforward opinion having no class is just short-sighted.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who have these opinions too, she just actually chooses to post hers.

After all, this is why there is a message board, yes?

I've seen considerably worse posts from people on this forum that weren't called classless.

And Terri's a woman, not a dude.

(now back to your regularly scheduled posting - congrats to both CT and MBI - I thought both were outstanding!)

(now back to your regularly scheduled posting - congrats to both CT and MBI - I thought both were outstanding!)

Thought MBI, Hurcs and Empire all cranked up the shows from Prelims. To me one in particular cranked up more than the other two but that's personal opinion from a person who is clueless about scoring since DCA dropped the tick system..... :worthy: So I ain't gonna say who it was. :tongue:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

I have a feeling that because of this, there will be a solid core returning for next year, who will be pushing harder than the corps ever has, which is all we can ask for.

I seem to recall a similar phenomenon at Bucs in 2005. :)

To call someone with a straightforward opinion having no class is just short-sighted.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who have these opinions too, she just actually chooses to post hers.

After all, this is why there is a message board, yes?

I've seen considerably worse posts from people on this forum that weren't called classless.

And Terri's a woman, not a dude.

I am not saying that their opinion has no class, its how they said it and where they did. Most people have said that MBI was better than Hurcs and Maybe they were. But most people came on here with respect to the Hurcs and stated their opinion. The way this person did it was out of character of this entire thread in my opinion. Your correct about this being a message board and everyone's opinion should be respect just as the judges opinion should be. There is also a time and place for it and this thread, I feel wasnt the best place. Thats all.

:tongue:

Did the CT Hurricanes get the old shafting at DCA? It seems like a couple of judges had it in for them during finals.

My question isn't meant to take away anything from the other corps who competed in Rochester. Congratulations to the top three!

I'm curious about people's opinions on this subject.

I think some of the other folks here got it right--content is key; the demand on the Hurcs hornline was not as great as the corps that beat them. My general impression, and I was at prelims and finals, was that Hurcs this year was a splendid colorguard accompanied by horns and drums.

Bill

Minnesota Brass was RIDICULOUS. For any of you to even THINK that the Hurricanes could beat them, need to seriously reconsider how you view this activity. Excellent job MBI. If anyone's gotten screwed in the past, it's you.

:tongue:

I think some of the other folks here got it right--content is key; the demand on the Hurcs hornline was not as great as the corps that beat them. My general impression, and I was at prelims and finals, was that Hurcs this year was a splendid colorguard accompanied by horns and drums.

Bill

the drumline was more than accompaniment

To each their own.....

I tried to tell a lot of disappointed Hurricanes not to let a bunch of guys in blue shirts dictate to you how successful you are. We know we went out there and had the BEST two performances of our season. The numbers ended up being what they were. I can't say we were happy, but we left it all out there on the field.

There are plenty of things we can improve upon, and we plan on picking up right where we left off next season.

Thanks to everyone for an exciting 2009 season!

Edited by vbc33