Next Corps to Move "Up"

I agree Sun Devils could move up, probably for next season. That would be a good move for them.

Unless the numbers dictate it,,my thoughts are keep it in class a if you are class A ish in size. Win a Class A championship then move up. People like to align themselves with champions. Look at what Alliance did this year?.CorpVets also won a class A championship and has done well in Open Class.

You have to walk before you can crawl.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know, but I hope whoever does it and it makes financial sense to do so. I'd hate to see someone go belly up just to be Open class

I dont know, but I hope whoever does it and it makes financial sense to do so. I'd hate to see someone go belly up just to be Open class

I'm gonna vote with this guy! :sleeping:

Unless the numbers dictate it,,my thoughts are keep it in class a if you are class A ish in size. Win a Class A championship then move up. People like to align themselves with champions. Look at what Alliance did this year?.CorpVets also won a class A championship and has done well in Open Class.

You have to walk before you can crawl.

You make excellent points, Ed.

I'm glad people think we have a chance to move up soon, but nobody in our organization is setting any arbitrary targets when it comes to class.

We will simply continue to grow our program the best way we know how and let the membership and infrastructure determine what class we compete it.

with the right hype on the road all summer in DCI, Vigilantes can pull not just drummers from Phantom and other corps, but horn players as well......

build they hype on the history made this year, and it will happen...OBSESS ON IT. create the goal now in our heads and BELEIVE. imagine vigilantes coming out next year, winning class A, and having the crowd shout the corps name over and over again after open class retreat.. because they BELIEVE and WITNESSED a drum corps win a world title in two weeks.

obsess and believe

every year this can be known as the 2 week miracle corps...

Edited by JohnDonovanDotBiz

with the right hype on the road all summer in DCI, Vigilantes can pull not just drummers from Phantom and other corps, but horn players as well......

build they hype on the history made this year, and it will happen...OBSESS ON IT. create the goal now in our heads and BELEIVE. imagine vigilantes coming out next year, winning class A, and having the crowd shout the corps name over and over again after open class retreat.. because they BELIEVE and WITNESSED a drum corps win a world title in two weeks.

obsess and believe

every year this can be known as the 2 week miracle corps...

pulling junior corps kids is good...but that leaves you 3 weeks to learn the show. that can set you back in the visual captions. the key is to recruit people that will be there ALL year

I'm glad people think we have a chance to move up soon, but nobody in our organization is setting any arbitrary targets when it comes to class.

We will simply continue to grow our program the best way we know how and let the membership and infrastructure determine what class we compete it.

There is way too much common sense in that response. :sleeping:

Fran