DCA Championship Bids

Football stadiums anyone?????

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to secure a two year bid/commitment, I'm guessing that puts most college, pro and semi pro facilities out of the running?

Not necessarily. Smaller college teams with stadiums that might suit DCA often supplement their budgets by serving as sacrificial lambs for bigger schools' opening weekends. It's not out of the question to find one that has away games scheduled for those dates.

It does certainly narrow the options significantly.

Nice stadium! Having DCA's in Maryland might just help expand the activity in that region.

http://www4.bmo.com/popup/0,2284,35649_21569739,00.html

Please come to Canada!

I know, passports. :thumbup:

On a clear day you can see the Rochester skyline from it!

Soccer Stadiums (and that includes the current location, whatever they are calling it this week) BOOOO!!!! :tongue::worthy::worthy:

Actually I understand all this that is why it is irresponsible to say ANY location when it is obvious it cannot be ANY location. say ANY Location in the North East, or ANY location within these geographical boundaries, but in truth its not ANY location. I'll bet if i even suggested locations in Ohio, or Tennessee they would not be seriously considered..right? even though geographically they are doable. If were going to be serious then I would say Madison, central , fair and fun. I love Camp Randall but I bet it does not get the time of day. So let's skip to what areas will be taken seriously so people can not waste time

Ohio at this time I feel is more realistic

I think Canton would be as good as "just right" as you could get. It's more or less central to everybody, or so it seems. :thumbup:

Football stadiums anyone?????

My vote is for the newly expanded Rutgers Stadium! Plenty of practice areas nearby as the two largest campuses of the university are near the stadium. Imagine MiniCorps at the RAC (Rutger's basketball arena)! Plenty of hotels and restaurants in the area too. The fact that it is only 7 miles from my house is a definite plus!

http://www4.bmo.com/popup/0,2284,35649_21569739,00.html

Please come to Canada!

I know, passports. :thumbup:

On a clear day you can see the Rochester skyline from it!

I don't think that passports are such a big problem since its a lot easier to get in Canada than it is to the U.S.

Montreal would be a GREAT place to host DCA since its not that far away from New-England. Also, there as not been any major drum-corps events in Montreal since...oh well...can't even remember when, but when Invitation Quebec and the DCI championships where held in Montreal, both events had record breaking crowds.

It could be amazing with DCA Championships as well !!!

85925067.jpg

Percival Molson Stadium in downtown Montreal