DCA Championship Bids

Thanks Mike. :tongue:

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't hold back Liz tell us how you really feel...LOL

give her time, she will :tongue:

Nice sentiment but a lot of wasted typing. I agree with what a previous poster said and that this thread is worthless.

So I take it you will NOT be submitting a bid.

Look, I believe it would be a fantastic draw in the mid-west for this reason, they are starved for "real" drum corps. For too long now, the junior corps have decided they want to educate rather than entertain.

Rochester was no "prize" as far as the city went, but I flew cross country to be entertained, and I was!

Well Camp Randall holds 80,000 meaning 20,000-30,000 on the concert side while Paetec holds 13,500 meaning about 4,000 on the concert side. While DCA is not as widely followed in the midwest, there is no way to know what a championship weekend would draw since Madison is what used to be the heart of the junior activity in the Midwest. Point is there are thousands of fans who might consider coming simply because it is happening close by. In reality, moving the Championships to a non DCA city out of the East would be a huge gamble, but if DCA was in a gambling mood, Madison would probably be one of the safer bets.

My only complaints with Paetec are as a spectator and the concert side is simply too small and not high enough. So assuming one has found a good city to host DCA in, the next criteria for me would be one with a better stadium. Columbus Crew Stadium in Columbus and Toyota Park in Chicago are pretty good options.

camp randall!! wow! my 1st reply on dcp. as a member of the kilties it would be nice to have it in mad-town. it's a drumcorps town worth the risk. plenty of hotels, the region has very good band support. but push comes to shove, how about WARHAWK STADIUM in whitewater

camp randall!! wow! my 1st reply on dcp. as a member of the kilties it would be nice to have it in mad-town. it's a drumcorps town worth the risk. plenty of hotels, the region has very good band support. but push comes to shove, how about WARHAWK STADIUM in whitewater

Well, UW plays football there. This year they played Northern Illinois. In 2010 they are on the road that weekend, in 2011 back home (UNLV). So you're only going to get one year out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised nobody's brought up Stony Brook U's stadium on Long Island:

Lavalle%20lax.jpg

I know, I know... submit a bid.

I'm surprised nobody's brought up Stony Brook U's stadium on Long Island:

Lavalle%20lax.jpg

I know, I know... submit a bid.

---------

I already have been there done that.... SBU wants $$$$$ for the stadium, either a dci or dca bid would not afford it.

• 3 weeks later...
http://www4.bmo.com/popup/0,2284,35649_21569739,00.html

Please come to Canada!

I know, passports. :thumbup:

On a clear day you can see the Rochester skyline from it!

As a Columbus Crew Soccer fan, I am naturally against setting foot in that stadium. Unless it's to watch The Crew beat up on tfc. :thumbup:

Edited by gem2497