Drum corps in Sportscenter commercials

Imagine that the DCI broadcast was still on ESPN (yeah I know, it's impossible to imagine, but give it a try). What would Sportscenter commercials be like if drum corps were in them? Sportscenter commercials have featured famous pro atheletes and coaches and furry mascots roaming the halls, fixing copy machines, eating in the cafeteria, and editing reports.

My Sportscenter commercial would be this: Scott Van Pelt coming over to Stuart Scott (both Sportscenter anchors) with a paper he needs to sign. Scott reaches for a pen but realises that he doesn't have a pen. He asks Scott for a pen, he doesn't have one. Right then the Phantom Regiment drum major walks by, and Stuart says "Hey bro, you have a pen I could borrow?" the Phantom Regiment drum major stops, and then VERY SLOWLY pulls a ball point pen from behind his back, attached to his sash, the way his baton normally is. He gives Stuart the pen, they both thank him, and everyone continues about their business.

Any other ideas?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine that the DCI broadcast was still on ESPN (yeah I know, it's impossible to imagine, but give it a try). What would Sportscenter commercials be like if drum corps were in them? Sportscenter commercials have featured famous pro atheletes and coaches and furry mascots roaming the halls, fixing copy machines, eating in the cafeteria, and editing reports.

My Sportscenter commercial would be this: Scott Van Pelt coming over to Stuart Scott (both Sportscenter anchors) with a paper he needs to sign. Scott reaches for a pen but realises that he doesn't have a pen. He asks Scott for a pen, he doesn't have one. Right then the Phantom Regiment drum major walks by, and Stuart says "Hey bro, you have a pen I could borrow?" the Phantom Regiment drum major stops, and then VERY SLOWLY pulls a ball point pen from behind his back, attached to his sash, the way his baton normally is. He gives Stuart the pen, they both thank him, and everyone continues about their business.

Any other ideas?

Not bad :innocent:

Any other ideas?

Full of win!

How about one where one or more of the anchors are trying to get to their parking spaces, but they can't because some corps is having ensemble in the parking lot?

Or another one- Scouts are trooping in 2's through the hall. Kenny Mayne tries to cut through and they beat the ever-living #### out of him for breaking ranks. :innocent:

Any other ideas?

Dude--that's actually pretty spot on. I like it. I'm not original enough to come up with one of my own...

Any other ideas?

Genius!

How about one where one or more of the anchors are trying to get to their parking spaces, but they can't because some corps is having ensemble in the parking lot?

Or another one- Scouts are trooping in 2's through the hall. Kenny Mayne tries to cut through and they beat the ever-living #### out of him for breaking ranks. :innocent:

A couple of anchors are trying to relax and have a conversation in the break room. but, there are 2 or 3 snare drummers playing londly on pads.

Or sportcenter is on the air and you can hear Blue Devils tuning progression bleeding into the feed as they warm up in the parking lot.

Or Whathisname dresses up like Bones on Colllege Football Gameday instead of a football team's mascot.

Or A Cavalier Tuba player drops is bell on the head of an Ohio State Sousaphone player.

Or some guys go to sit down at a table in the cafeteria but all the tables are covered with color guard silks and there is nowhere to sit.

Or....

But the OP's first one with the PR DM getting a pin is still by far the best idea so far.

How long did the OP think about his commercial? Genius. Give me some time to get as close to perfect.

Ok, The anchors are walking to the studio talking about todays show. They say "first we have some marching band and then we get on to the real STUFF !!!" ( While hearing the hornline in the back ground) Laughing as they open up the door, They are hit by a wall of sound with screaming sops. The next scene is them being blown back through a wall of shattering glass( like the Spirit myth?). The next shot is them getting off of the floor, brushing off the glass(Like in the Blues Brothers movie) Then Looking at eachother and just say. "Hey, Works for me!!".

How about the ESPN cafeteria and a HUGE back up in the line (people look to the front of the lne and checking their watches) because at the front of the line it the Troopers DM slow walking. Someone goes up to him to say something. Without acknowledging the person, he puts his hand on the butt of the revolver and slow walks to the drinks?