Citations Inactive For 2010

Unfortunate press release from the Citations web page:

After much thought and deliberation, The Citations have made the difficult decision to take an inactive status for the 2010 season. We will take this time to restructure staffing, work on our infrastructure and retire a small amount of long-term debt. This was a very tough but well thought out decision that was made in the best interest of the organization at this time. It is our full intent to return to the competitive arena for the 2011 season.

Support staff and volunteers will continue to fundraise to pay off debt, collect any monies owed the corps and repair equipment and vehicles. With the exception of the front ensemble (which will be sold), all equipment has been stored in a climate controlled facility and will be ready for 2011. (We will not be loaning this equipment out).

All our vendors and sponsors including Memorial School, Dunbar Bus Company and Nordbloom (Sun Microsystems)were sorry to hear of our decision but look forward to working with us again in the 2011 season.

We will still be hosting "Mission Drums" (the DCA show) this summer on July 24th.

Please check the website for updates on activities, fundraisers, ALUMNI REUNION!! and other news.

Whether you are an alumni, student, fan, parent, sponsor, staff or support staff - thank you supporting the Citations!!

Donna Monte

Director

Sorry to hear that. It seems that one corps comes back two or three disappear. Hate to see it. Good luck Citations. I sat with a bunch of you guys ( maybe staff or volunteers) at the quarters for world and you were all so fun and pleasant. It was insane seeing a huge bear of a man crying at SCVs show. I coudn't have sat with a better group.

Sorry to hear this, but at least they announced this early so that members can find another place to go for 2010. Best of luck, and hopefully we'll see you back in '11!

I agree with Chadwick....I hope these kids all find a home. Some may go to Spartans or check out 7th Regiment. My understanding is that a bunch are going to BAC's audition in Lynn, Mass on November 8th. I think many of these kids will discover that they have some really good options.

Edited by craiga