Madison's Entire Staff Now In Place

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please keep this civil. I've removed several posts, and we will take further action as warranted if the thread becomes a flamewar.

thom hannum basically INVENTED what we know today as modern marching cymbal playing. his cymbal thesis totally changed the game. for what it's worth...

See the Garfield lines of the early to mid 80's. Never been another line as good (or playing as demanding a show) before or since. (Would be great if he could convince Bob Morrison to come along, since the cymbals were his responsibility.)

Is Amy Frost still working with Blue Stars?

either way good pick up for Scouts. She knows her stuff. Big reason BS got to where they are the past two years.

Edited by rdtrmpt

Post has been removed...I apologize sincerely to the Colts organization for the poor representation. The issue should have been resolved on a non public forum. I wish the Scouts nothing but the best of luck this year as I will see them on the road at some point I'm sure.

Is Amy Frost still working with Blue Stars?

either way good pick up for Scouts. She knows her stuff. Big reason BS got to where they are the past two years.

I don't see any way that a section tech (read, importantly: tech) could be on staff for two different corps. There's too much day-to-day, in the trenches involvement for people serving in those roles.

It's good to see "first person" knowledge come to the defense of others. Furthermore, anyone who thinks that these Hall of Fame staff members would blindly surround themselves and take a chance with "lackey" or problematic support staff is absurd.

"Blindly surround themselves?", probably not. Then again, thats not what the poster said....pretty straw man though - its near halloween so its doubly appropriate. Is it possible for this miracle Hall of Fame staff to make a mistake on one tech or lower level assistant??....well, yes, yes it is. Hall of Fame quarterbacks still threw some interceptions, just as great DCI staff can make a bad decision or two every now and then. Noone is saying that these guys or idiots, or that they are dumb enough to surround themselves with bad people, but it is absolutely INSANE that every time someone questions their judgement, or a particular junior staff member's ability, that they are steamrolled by the madison bandwagon. Really, its ok if someone who marched with a madison staffer 5 years ago doesnt think they will be a great teacher....I promise, it will be all right...Shhhh.........there there.......alllll better.........

"Blindly surround themselves?", probably not. Then again, thats not what the poster said....pretty straw man though - its near halloween so its doubly appropriate. Is it possible for this miracle Hall of Fame staff to make a mistake on one tech or lower level assistant??....well, yes, yes it is. Hall of Fame quarterbacks still threw some interceptions, just as great DCI staff can make a bad decision or two every now and then. Noone is saying that these guys or idiots, or that they are dumb enough to surround themselves with bad people, but it is absolutely INSANE that every time someone questions their judgement, or a particular junior staff member's ability, that they are steamrolled by the madison bandwagon. Really, its ok if someone who marched with a madison staffer 5 years ago doesnt think they will be a great teacher....I promise, it will be all right...Shhhh.........there there.......alllll better.........

Ahhh.......Not likely.......It's called due diligence via extremely experienced and capable individuals that have more then successfully proved their mettle. Furthermore, how does one make the leap and assumption that these same individuals would somehow be held to standards of absolute perfection.......I only know of one Person that operates in that realm. Let's not descend to the ridiculous......This is elementary. Most level headed individuals would conclude that this staff has a pretty good chance of making good staff choices based upon their past experience and successes......Pretty simple. That's all.....nothing more.

The other unintelligible gibberish regarding "the Madison bandwagon", or a Madison staffer of five years ago.......Ahhh, OK.....sure, I guess, what ever.....interpretation please?

Edited by Mad75