2010 Predictions (Thats right, its THAT time of the off-season)

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Blue Devils - I don't agree with how they designed their 2009 show, but the judges found merit, and as long as they are consistent (look up consistency in the dictionary, you'll find a picture of the Blue Devils) they will continue to be on top or within .025 of it.

2. Crown - With all their hype, they will draw more talent. Their design team will one-up themselves again with a very entertaining, but difficult program. They will be cleaner. Their brass line will continue to play quite well. It will be close.

3. Cavaliers - My "surprise" of the season. I think that even with all the changes, which are substantial, they will move back into the top three. (honestly I don't know who filled the staff positions)

4. Cadets - Fantastic corps, fantastic show. I always respect the members for what they can do on the field. All I can do when I watch them is say, "wow..."

5. Bluecoats - Design team isn't thrown for a loop at the beginning of move-ins, they have a better idea of what the show will be from the start. Guard continues to improve, and the brass pays more attention to details, both visually and musically. Percussion is sick, as always. Visual staff gets even closer to membership and learns just a bit more about how to teach the group to NOT FORGET THE DETAILS. In my opinion, thats the biggest problem for the Bluecoats.

6. Santa - I have no idea what to expect from them. Literally, no clue.

7. Blue Stars - I like them. They are relatively new and have a nice style.

8. Phantom - the 9th place finish from 09 is hard to shake off. Number of auditionees drop, some members leave. It happens. I'm interested to see how they really do after such a weird season.

9. Blue Knights - The corps that I really want to like. Sometimes they make it hard, other times, like this past summer, they make it a bit easier.

10. Madison Scouts - I'm interested to see how their brass section performs this year. I have faith in the corps.

11. BAC - I haven't seen enough of them to make my judgements.

12. Troopers - I believe they can do it again.

Life away from my home on the road is getting dull. We need some better topics, but I can't think of anything interesting.

Edited by BlooContraGuy

Regiment, continuing with shows that include a “femme-fatale,” (Red Violin, Spartacus, Faust, Romeo & Juliette) will stay with classical, only, classical rock/blues performing their show – “Joplin – no, not Scott, the other Joplin – Janis.” Guard will be appropriately attired in late 60’s outfits. Musical selections to include – I Need a Man to Love, Flower in the Sun, Raise Your Hand, and Move Over!

Madison – Anyone that didn’t predict them finishing at least in the top 10 is, well, ludicrous! The staff alone gets them into the top 12, what they do after that is just icing on the cake!

You heard it here first folks!

Troopers will be the new 2010 champ, scoring a perfect 100, Colts will still say they were screwed over by the judges after they finish in 23rd place behind the redone General Butler Vagabonds as they had a much better CG! Blue Devils and Santa Clara will merge and play a jazz version of "Bottle Dance" with a colorguard purchased from Cirque de Soleil. Cavies and Madison will both go co-ed with a colorguard of ex-playboy bunnies wearing saran wrap and and very large smiles, but, they will both forget to play or march. They will finish tied for 2nd place. Blue Stars, Blue Knights, Blue Coats and the ex-BD color quard will merge and create BlUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEE! They will be disqualified after blinding the judges at their first show. The 1977 Bridgemen and 75 Muchachos will merge, and DCI still will not realize that the corps is 90% on social security. They will be disqualified after the soprano line disintegrates the first 20 rows at finals.

The 1977 Bridgemen and 75 Muchachos will merge, and DCI still will not realize that the corps is 90% on social security. They will be disqualified after the soprano line disintegrates the first 20 rows at finals.

nailed it

"Regiment, continuing with shows that include a “femme-fatale,” (Red Violin, Spartacus, Faust, Romeo & Juliette) will stay with classical, only, classical rock/blues performing their show – “Joplin – no, not Scott, the other Joplin – Janis.” Guard will be appropriately attired in late 60’s outfits. Musical selections to include – I Need a Man to Love, Flower in the Sun, Raise Your Hand, and Move Over!

Cadets were actually considering Janis Joplin. though theyre not any more...

I cant believe how many people aren't putting the glassmen in top 12.

Whats that about?

Same ole crap from last year ! We'll see ! Good riddence Rod ! That was a cheap shot !