The history of the Westshoremen

gang, i have known for a while, and i apologize for not spilling the beans. Larry wanted the mailing list to know 1st, then this week the formal announcement i have slaved over goes live, as well as a nice presence here on DCP.

that's ok, I think we can forgive you. . . . . . . this time

hey...Uncle Larry's orders. Lat thing I need is yet ANOTHER lecture from him :P

Dude, just do what the rest of us did...walk away!

hey...Uncle Larry's orders. Lat thing I need is yet ANOTHER lecture from him :P

I can't. he's known me since birth and know way too much damaging info

Local promoter brings Drum and Bugle Corps back to Central Pennsylvania

After a one year absence, live drum and bugle corps competition returns to Central PA. Longtime promoter Five Star Brass Productions, in conjunction with the Central Dauphin East High School Band Boosters, Drum Corps Associates, and the A. J. Wright Stores will bring live drum corps competition to Landis Field on Saturday, July 8th. This year’s show marks a return after a one year absence. In 2005, the long time show site became unavailable just weeks before the performance, leavings fans, the corps and the promoters without a local show for the first time in over 50 years. Despite the pleas of many local drum corps fans, the 2005 show had to be cancelled due to no other options available at that late date. However, events fell into motion in early April to bring back drum corps, to the delight of thousands of local fans.

This year’s competition, called ‘The Review of The Corps”, will feature Drum Corps Associates competitors, as well as an exhibition by an old area favorite. In competition will be the defending DCA 2005 World Champion Buccaneers from Reading, PA; the 5 time DCA champion and 2005 3rd place finisher Bushwackers from Harrison, NJ; the ever popular, world famous 10 time champion Caballeros, from Hawthorne, NJ; the Hurricanes from Ansonia, CT; and the famous New York City Skyliners, from Edgewood NJ. In Exhibition will be the Yankee Rebels Alumni corps, from Baltimore, MD.

Tickets will be priced at $14 for the event, and all seats will be reserved. Starting June 5th, tickets can be ordered by calling 717-652-4138 or by sending a check to Five Star Brass Productions, P.O. Box 60930, Harrisburg, PA 17106. For more information on tickets, please visit www.fivestarbrass.com, as an order form to mail in should be there soon.

Fred Windish, Director of Marketing & Public Relations for Drum Corps Associates, expressed his excitement over the return of a DCA-sanctioned event to the Harrisburg area. “Our corps and fans were a little lost and confused last year in not having the ability to continue with the Central PA event”, he said. “That region has strongly supported DCA since our inception more than 40 years ago. To be able to return now at Central Dauphin East High School is terrific news”!

“Five Star Brass Productions is a joy to work with”, he added. “We also want to thank A.J. Wright Stores, DCA’s national presenting sponsor, for their assistance in making this opportunity possible.” For more information DCA and the corps, please visit www.dcacorps.org.

Yeah babee! Dinner at El Rodeo (many margaritas!) then Drum corps! I may be able to talk Lisa into going! heh heh heh!

Ahhhhhh, El Rodeo. Thanks for bringing back good memories. What a great place. Haven't eaten there since we moved out of PA in 1998. :(

Used to go there all the time when my folks lived in Hershey. We've got to make it a priority when we're on a visit sometime...

...the 5 time DCA champion and 2005 3rd place finisher Bushwackers from Harrison, NJ

Actually 6 times...

Ahhhhhh, El Rodeo. Thanks for bringing back good memories. What a great place. Haven't eaten there since we moved out of PA in 1998. :(

Used to go there all the time when my folks lived in Hershey. We've got to make it a priority when we're on a visit sometime...

LOL as El Rodeo is now a freaking chain in Central PA. Think the orignal was Colonial Park (few blocks from my folks old house) now there are two on the West Shore (one a mile from my current house :) in a converted Mr Donuts :blink: ). Man they even put one in Hanover not too long ago.

The one on the "white shore" doesn't serve booze..what a friggin' CRIME! I walked in and said "Dos Equis'!" And the dude went "NO!" We got up and went to Sierra Madre! (Need beer to help the Mexican food become jet "propulsion"!)

Hey Rick, what was the name of that place we went to in Dublin for beers and nachos?

LOL as El Rodeo is now a freaking chain in Central PA. Think the orignal was Colonial Park (few blocks from my folks old house) now there are two on the West Shore (one a mile from my current house :) in a converted Mr Donuts :blink: ). Man they even put one in Hanover not too long ago.

Isn't it like technically 5 1/2 or something????

Doesn't Bush hold the record for Ties?

Actually 6 times...
Edited by Jaminbenb