The history of the Westshoremen

oh that left a mark. and yes ben, ya gotta love Cumberland County liquor licensing.

The one on the "white shore" doesn't serve booze..what a friggin' CRIME! I walked in and said "Dos Equis'!" And the dude went "NO!" We got up and went to Sierra Madre! (Need beer to help the Mexican food become jet "propulsion"!)

Hey you know the state, err commonwealth of PA only allows so many liquor licnses per county. Years ago my sister went to an auction at a restuarant/bar in the Burg that closed. Half the people there were bidding on the liquor license. Then someone looked out the window and said "OH #### HERE COMES THE G-MAN GUY!!!". Place cleared out REAL fast....

But the one on the Pike by the base would be perfect for a Dos stop. :)

Isn't it like technically 5 1/2 or something????

Doesn't Bush hold the record for Ties?

Yeah, I guess if you count '88 as 1/2, but it's still an official 1st place. They tied Sun in '88 and would have tied in '89, but tie breakers were put in after '88. They also tied Reading for fifth place in '83, so that's three-ish.

So, El Rodeo has expanded... We used to go to the one in Colonial Park. Lot's of good Mexican places here in NW Arkansas, but we don't get out as often as we'd like. Oldest son has a peanut allergy, so it's kind of a pain.

El Rodeo is helping illegals cross the MD line :P

The one on the "white shore" doesn't serve booze..what a friggin' CRIME! I walked in and said "Dos Equis'!" And the dude went "NO!" We got up and went to Sierra Madre! (Need beer to help the Mexican food become jet "propulsion"!)

Hey Rick, what was the name of that place we went to in Dublin for beers and nachos?

Ben: I'm not sure of the name of the place... I know where it is.. Come on out again and I'll put on my sombrero and we can go find it :).

El Rodeo is helping illegals cross the MD line :P

So *that's* where they're talking about putting up a fence...

Hey you know the state, err commonwealth of PA only allows so many liquor licnses per county.

PA liquor laws are certainly screwed up. There's a guy living somewhere in central PA who talks about that on his blog sometimes. Jaboobie and Two Hard Boiled Eggs is the name of the blog. It can be a pretty entertaining blog.

We live in Benton County, AR, which is a dry county. But all that means is that there are no liquor stores. Private clubs are allowed to sell alcohol by the drink and almost every restaurant is a "private club." Some of the restaurants actually make you fill out a form and give you a membership card. Others just ask you to sign your name in a book when you get there.

Moving here from Wisconsin was a shock. There, you can get beer, wine & liquor in grocery stores, drugstores, at the mall, etc. Here you need to make a trip to the next county. We make the 20-mile drive north to a good liquor store in Missouri to stock up occasionally. The shocking part is when you realize your bill is going to be a couple hundred bucks and you start to ask yourself if you've got a problem! Good thing it's not a weekly or monthly trip...

Thank goodness for my inlaws visiting from Myerstown... they brought us a case of Lager.

So *that's* where they're talking about putting up a fence...

right across Rt 22 :P

Thank goodness for my inlaws visiting from Myerstown... they brought us a case of Lager.

:mmm: GOD BLESS THEM!!! :mmm:

Ok..I'll bring my maracas!

The reason I asked, I have a friend that just moved out to Dublin to work, and I wanted to tell her about the place (I know we didn't really EAT there, but the food looked good)

Ben: I'm not sure of the name of the place... I know where it is.. Come on out again and I'll put on my sombrero and we can go find it :).