The history of the Westshoremen

great to see the Schomburg boys today, just didn't want to have to do it at Jerry Johnson's funeral. some great old corps pix, and even had Jerry's old horn there.

RIP Jerry, and thank you

Well we got the call last night around 1:30 that Kris mom passed away peacefully. Just got done making the arrangements but waiting for the church to call back if the date and time is OK. Everyone is holding up pretty well considering the lack of sleep and nerve endings. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers guys..

I would love to hear drum tapes from 83, 87 and 88

Sorry, I know it's taken me a while to get back....

I've PMed you with the list....

see me tomorrow. we'll talk. I have cassettes i like to get converted too

Crap..... I can't believe I didn't get back in here sooner.... Hey, I'm only a "few" days off. blink.gif

(If you'd still like me to do them PM me...)

The no-tick snare line at 1983 Finals. :thumbup:

One of the ones I got from Jack is from Aug 20th...

8-20-83 Sunrisers. Rochester, NY (Bob O'Connor, Perc Exc)

I've not gone through all of the tapes from Larry but there are a lot of them!

Edited by TennTux

Well we got the call last night around 1:30 that Kris mom passed away peacefully. Just got done making the arrangements but waiting for the church to call back if the date and time is OK. Everyone is holding up pretty well considering the lack of sleep and nerve endings. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers guys..

our prayers to you all Jim.

Sorry, I know it's taken me a while to get back....

I've PMed you with the list....

i replied...good stuff...and possible comedy gold

Thanks guys! Yeah Jim, his ship was blown up by a mine off off Normandy the day after D-Day....he had a front row seat for all of that. I attended a few of his ship reunions and the stories were amazing! I just wish I would have been able to meet some of those guys a lot sooner, I would have attempted to get them all down on paper and written a book... there are only a few of them left.

Back in 2009 I went with him to Bedford, VA for the 60th anniversary of D-Day, which was held at the D-Day memorial...sitting in the picnic area, and having lunch, I overheard some crazy stories from some of the guys that hit the beach, talk about the "wow" factor! Kind of like hearing a live retelling of "Band of Brothers".

I only used to hear the stories about them being off shore and seeing the troop transports going in and coming back.

Most sincere condolences Ben....

My dad served in France... We lost him in 1995, just before his 74th B'day.

"William Edward White"

Light Machine Gunner

Served in Combat with the 134th Infantry of 35th Division as a machine gunner to destroy enemy personal and equipment. Participeted with the Third Army in Invasion of France.

Military Policeman (Related Civilian Jobs: Policeman, Investigator I)

As a member ofn the 505th Military Police Battalion in the enforcement of Military Law.

Condolences Jim and Kris.... Prayers for you and your families from Donna and myself.