The history of the Westshoremen

not to make you guys feel old, but i'll be 43 in a month

That does make me feel old... LOL

We had one of our members make a comment to the show sponsor as I was talking with him after the show. I was thanking him and his company for sponsoring the show and for supplying a "different" kind of caption awards. Just as I was shaking his hand the ("anonymous" Sun member) walked up behind me. I introduced him to the sponsor and he then said "Thanks for the beer, it's a good pukin' beer".... OK... well then, the "interview" was over...

Yes... that person made those comments about the beer, plus several other unprintable ones. :tongue:

Hey I'll be 55 this summer....

Jim, you'll always be a year older than me. LOL. I'm 54 in June.

Sorry that I'm a little late with this reply....

That's one of the reasons I've been collecting videos of us (Sun) and digitizing them. I knew I was not the only one that would love to actually see the shows, not just listen to them. (I've also digitized a few judges tapes for some of our Alumni as well.) So far we've collected 19 seasons (28 performances) which is about 36GB of data so far.

OK, So I have more time to do this than most folks but it does keep me busy doing some thing I really enjoy as well as gives our Alumni something they want as well... thumbup.gif

I would love to hear drum tapes from 83, 87 and 88

If it doesn't have bee done over night I'll offer to do that for you if you don't already have some one that can and will do it. I'd send my snail mail addy to you, put them on DVD(s) and mail the VHS(s) tapes and the DVD(s) back to you.

see me tomorrow. we'll talk. I have cassettes i like to get converted too

I would love to hear drum tapes from 83, 87 and 88

The no-tick snare line at 1983 Finals. :thumbup:

Honestly, I thought Sunrisers' drum line in 1988 was the corps' Achilles heel. Nowhere near as strong as the lines circa 1976 through 1983. Those, IMO, were Sun's dominant lines.

Honestly, I thought Sunrisers' drum line in 1988 was the corps' Achilles heel. Nowhere near as strong as the lines circa 1976 through 1983. Those, IMO, were Sun's dominant lines.

They weren't Bush, but that book was sooooo musical. I stay say they should have won outright

Jim, you'll always be a year older than me. LOL. I'm 54 in June.

What I miss about doing parades as some of the sops are in their 70s. (And if they can do it, dang it.)

Then I look at the Baris and... well I know one of them is older... and one is my age and.... a few might be close to my age..... and two are children of other Baris... then I quit thinking... :shutup:

Seriously thanks for the prayers and well wishes. Kris' mom is in one of the nicer nursing care places right now and trying to decide where to go next. Just had a nice visit and she's with it mentally and pretty free of pain so far. Just a roller coaster as things seem to change every few days but spirits are good considering. LOL, she hopes we have a good time at the concert.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

This one's for Chum... Ben....

Ran into Paul G at the show and turned out he was playing pit right next to Fran. Well.. not RIGHT next to as we know Fran needs swinging room. :tongue: Talked to Paul before the show and his best line was something like "Yep, gotta unload the truck. Some things never change." :tongue:

They brought the pit stuff down the sloped aisle just as Kris and I got seated. Fran is in front of a huge bass drum on wheels and as he goes by he sez to us: "Yeah Jim, lotta momentum here". On the way back Paul is carying the cymbal (simple) rank and acts like he's going to drop it on us. Nice to be noticed. :rolleyes:

Almost forgot.... got a nice shoulder rub and pat on the back from the former VP of DCA. Was talking to Bill Light and someone else and next thing... "Hello Larry" (remember that POS TV show?) First chance I had to talk with him for more than a few seconds in years.

Edited by JimF-LowBari