The history of the Westshoremen

that has happened once or twice over the years with the generation gap between my era and yours. I won't dent/confirm it as I don't know, not will I defend anyone, but I have seen that happen once or twice.

I was going to do it...til I hurt my knee. I was just hard to receive an email from someone who was about 10 years old asking me if I could still hold something heavy like an 18 inch cymbal (I played 20 inch) AND were my skills beyond hitting them together...it's all good...

The whole "marching cymbal world" has changed dramatically.

Way back in the day, in particular on the "local-circuit corps" level, I remember that many cymbal lines were made up mostly of the stumblebums who couldn't cut the rest of the drum line (snares, toms, etc.) or the horn line. :tongue:

Now, the marching cymbal lines are a show unto themselves!

I LOVE THIS STUMBLEBUMS...he he he I used to FEEL that way sometimes...I just used to roll my eyes at the Sweger brothers and HOPE I could learn the drill.

That's right, I forgot that she had some legitimate back issues! I think I knew she played piano...shame she didn't stick around for "pit madness"!

wow... I miss Denise...she was a hoot ! We were ALWAYS just one comment away from getting in BIG trouble ! I dont regret any minute of it and have this huge group I know call family out of it...what a great thing that is....

wow... I miss Denise...she was a hoot ! We were ALWAYS just one comment away from getting in BIG trouble ! I dont regret any minute of it and have this huge group I know call family out of it...what a great thing that is....

Yeah. she was always fun! She used to work as a waitress over here...first time I saw her was at Hoss's, but she got our of there guickly and went to Al Mediteraneo (and I'm sure made some good $$$ since that place was expensive!) I'm not sure where she ended up since they closed and opened the Gas Station, (she may be there as well) But I'm sure it's not the $$$ she was getting!

I was going to do it...til I hurt my knee. I was just hard to receive an email from someone who was about 10 years old asking me if I could still hold something heavy like an 18 inch cymbal (I played 20 inch) AND were my skills beyond hitting them together...it's all good...

:doh:

IF she ONLY knew! :devil:

they were all there...missed it by 20 minutes!

sadly, I guess I'll see some of you at Chuck's viewing tomorrow

sadly, I guess I'll see some of you at Chuck's viewing tomorrow

Yeah, one of the two nights this week I can make it.

Ugh.... last time I was there was for my moms funeral....

To all, if you haven't been thru Linglestown lately the square is now a traffic circle. And no one knows how to drive a ####### traffic circle. Half the people on Rt 39/L-town Road still act like they have right of way and barrel ### they.

Yeah, one of the two nights this week I can make it.

Ugh.... last time I was there was for my moms funeral....

To all, if you haven't been thru Linglestown lately the square is now a traffic circle. And no one knows how to drive a ####### traffic circle. Half the people on Rt 39/L-town Road still act like they have right of way and barrel ### they.

I've navigated both of em...fun!