The history of the Westshoremen

except days before Madison was pulling away from them

I agree.

But try telling that to folks like the lunatic on FB who keeps insisting the entire season was one giant conspiracy... with DCI officials and the judges all in the tank for the Scouts. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring

I agree.

But try telling that to folks like the lunatic on FB who keeps insisting the entire season was one giant conspiracy... with DCI officials and the judges all in the tank for the Scouts. :tongue:

oh i've abused him before

The issue that bothers me on the subject of the overage personnel is how some folks kept saying on some of the threads, "Well, everyone was doin' it!"

Evidently, not.

I tried that in grade school when I started smoking... then high school when I started drinking... I'm NOT messing around on my wife...THAT'S for sure!

oh i've abused him before

I got off the bus with that guy when he insisted that the Scouts "completely fell apart" 15 seconds into their Finals performance that year. Even though there is no evidence whatsoever to back him up. LOL

I tell you what... I wish the local-circuit junior corps I was with in '75 could "completely fall apart" like the Scouts. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring

Somewhere I have the DCI Classic Countdown DVD with '75 Madison on it, and I can't hear "fell apart", and I saw it in the theaters and I didn't hear "fell apart" then, either.

The thing that struck me about the show more than anything was it may have been the last great successful 'traditional' DCI show. After 1975 came the Blue Devils with the 'total show concept' and way higher standards of musicality in brass, and well, things started to change quickly for the next few years for everyone if they wanted to stay in the game.

Heck I had the 75 show on 8-track :tongue: and don't remember any falling apart!

Only DCI DVD I have is 75..... yeah..... right.... sure.....

Somewhere I have the DCI Classic Countdown DVD with '75 Madison on it, and I can't hear "fell apart", and I saw it in the theaters and I didn't hear "fell apart" then, either.

W, it's a long story with this guy I'm talking about. I'll share it with you in person sometime.

Let's just say... in the oil reservoir of reality, he's about half a quart low. :tongue:

W, it's a long story with this guy I'm talking about. I'll share it with you in person sometime.

Let's just say... in the oil reservoir of reality, he's about half a quart low. :tongue:

he's on fumes