The history of the Westshoremen

Hey- anyone from '81 in percussion remember John Zarowicz/Zarowitz(SP!)? Just struck up a conversation at work and it was obvious he had to have been there for at least some of the season. Came from Trinity HS, just wanted to march.

Was he a tenor player? I kind of remember that name, and him being a friend of Karen Eissler (who I went to the Trinity Prom with) (Karen, not John :tounge2: )

EDIT: I just looked in my 81 Forum program, and he didn't last until then (or came after wards)

Edited by Jaminbenb

Which reminds me but no one on here was a member in 77 or 78 (or was it 76?)..... This weekend Kris' nephew is getting married to the niece of a WSM color guard member from that time. I remember the aunt and according to the niece she remembers me (hoo boy). Not sure why she remembers me except her, her best friend in guard, Paul Geiger and I all went to Central Dauphin. Haven't seen her since she left corps so should be a nice re-union.

Kris' sister (mother of the groom) is the jealous type but won't admit it to herself. So I'm kidding Kris with "Oh boy... get to meet one of my women (Wimmen) friends from back then.... do you trust me with this..?." :devil: She knows how urine poor my record was with getting dates so she just laughs. Think she wants to find out just how much of a dweeb I was back then....

worse than now?

:tounge2:

worse than now?

:tounge2:

Well you were around the corps in 78..... At least now I don't have "Psycho Killer" plastic horned rim glasses like I did back then...

LOL went to the wedding and got told we were in the wrong place in the church and had to move. I was pizzed that the woman in charge didn't have the guts to tell us but sent a family member to tell us. Then just before the ceremony an elderly man behind us got told to move and he had worse trouble moving than Kris. IOW no communications to the ushers. We were b-wording to the couple behind us who knew the elderly man and the lady introduced herself and my jaw hit the ground, Then I introduced myself and her jaw hit the ground. Yep. ... Ann McC of the 1976 WSM Color Guard and first time we saw each other since '76 DCA. She is aunt of the bride and Kris is aunt to the groom.

Had nice talk at the reception and talked to her dad (90 yrs old) who was a radio DJ and MC'ed the first Senenade In Brass at Cumberland Valley High School in 1976. As we were leaving Ann said that we'd probably see each other at get togethers now and then. My reponse was "Yeah.. we're related now...".

LOL - we both were so quiet then, this weekend I think we found out the other has a nasty sense of humor.

Or more to the point a typical WSM/corps sense of humor.... (need devil face but IE not co-operating)

oh hey happy bday Ben!

Well thanks! Wasn't here that day....

Had a Magic Hat Heart of Darkness Stout over the weekend.

Very good. 5.7% ABV, smooth, all sorts of flavors going on.