The history of the Westshoremen

no, i am not. and i was a skeptic too. But i heard what perbetsky wants to do with it ,usically, and a few ideas Larry had to make it...even better.

In that case, I'll have to wait till I hear it to pass judgement.

Might as well get a (good) new version and call it the "Alumni corps version". That way there won't any problems with picking one version over the others.

thats just it Jim....even last years or the year before etc werent from the 70's or early 80's.

i mean we've tweaked the mini Blues we do enough that it isnt as i played it on the field.

Just got my '78 and '79 DCA CDs and listened to the '79 show for the first time since ?????.

Quick review:

"Gotta get It" (Chorus Line) - lot of changes in rthym and tempo but still the least favorite opener from my years

"What I Paid (oops Did) For Love" - nice solo Mike B and the charts really helped this on. OK, I don't like slow ballads in corps. (PITA that I am.)

"Granada Smoothie" - OK Ben and Rick all together now. 1... 2... 3... ALL ####### RIGHT I love this chart with the horns and drums really kicking in. My favorite concert number (from my years) and #### glad we played it two years in a row.

"Sing, Sing, Sing" - horn and drums open and kickin' drum solo rest of the way. Can actually hear the crowd roar when the two halves of the horn line meet at the 50 yard line (probably the scariest drill I even did).

"Dulcinera (drum intro)/I Don Quiota/Impossible Dream" - Westshore finally gets an identity with "Dream" and has a horn line that crams the final chords down the crowds throat. Man what a way to end what I thought was my career in Drum Corps (aka - time to find a real friggin' job).

Where'd ya get the cd's?

heh heh heh Smooothie! BAMP BOOMP BAH greeoriskgrkjshdgkjwesjdfkj BADUT DAAA!

Love that friggin tune!

Just got my '78 and '79 DCA CDs and listened to the '79 show for the first time since ?????.

Quick review:

"Gotta get It" (Chorus Line) - lot of changes in rthym and tempo but still the least favorite opener from my years

"What I Paid (oops Did) For Love" - nice solo Mike B and the charts really helped this on. OK, I don't like slow ballads in corps. (PITA that I am.)

"Granada Smoothie" - OK Ben and Rick all together now. 1... 2... 3... ALL ####### RIGHT I love this chart with the horns and drums really kicking in. My favorite concert number (from my years) and #### glad we played it two years in a row.

"Sing, Sing, Sing" - horn and drums open and kickin' drum solo rest of the way. Can actually hear the crowd roar when the two halves of the horn line meet at the 50 yard line (probably the scariest drill I even did).

"Dulcinera (drum intro)/I Don Quiota/Impossible Dream" - Westshore finally gets an identity with "Dream" and has a horn line that crams the final chords down the crowds throat. Man what a way to end what I thought was my career in Drum Corps (aka - time to find a real friggin' job).

wuz that the 2 lines that turned into the X? (didn't you guys do some little flag routine also???)

Where'd ya get the cd's?

heh heh heh Smooothie! BAMP BOOMP BAH greeoriskgrkjshdgkjwesjdfkj BADUT DAAA!

Love that friggin tune!

Ben,

All DCA years back to 1970 are sold here:

http://www.digitalcds.com/

wuz that the 2 lines that turned into the X? (didn't you guys do some little flag routine also???)

That's the one, half the horns on one 20 (or so) yard line and half on the other. We then marched full speed and both lines combined at the 50. Had to keep the interval while you headed toward the 50 and then hit the hole between the right people at the last second. There were a few collisions at practice (I had one, Templin had a 3 second ballistic attack) but none during the show that I know of. The ##### of it was doing it during the show and everyone looked alike at a distance with those unis on.

Forgot about the flags until I heard the song last night. They were strips of red cloth with a knot at the end to hold on to. We shoved 'em in our gaunlets before the show and them dropped 'em down our blouses at the end of Sing Sing Sing. To the crowd it looks like the horn line is bowing but we're really hiding shoving our hand down the blouse.

Horn line kept losing the #### red strips and the week after Uncle Lar gave out the last one he had I lost mine at one of the Lewis' (berg/town). I went nuts finding a replacement with the right shade of red until I bought a t-shirt at Sears and cut it up. Then at the next show Bowsers buddy Bob Spickler comes up and to me and says "Is this yours?" and he had my little red strip. :grouphug:

Oh yeah, bought then at Digital CDs. Ten years of DCA on CD down (73-79, 02-04) and don't want to think about how many to go. Also have 2 years of RCA on CD but we aren't on them.

Bob Spickler! hahaha! He was buying my beers for me after the 79 Forum (at the Hbg Mooose) I remember Bowsers favorite story...John Bowling walks up to Bob and says "Hey Bob..hows your wife and MY kids?" Cracked Craig up for YEARS! In fact, I'm sure if I called him up and mentioned the story he'd crack up laughing now!

SO what's the quality on those? Doe he do the covers and all?

Good quality CD-rs? Someone should get the old masters and re do them!

That's the one, half the horns on one 20 (or so) yard line and half on the other. We then marched full speed and both lines combined at the 50.  Had to keep the interval while you headed toward the 50 and then hit the hole between the right people at the last second. There were a few collisions at practice (I had one, Templin had a 3 second ballistic attack) but none during the show that I know of. The ##### of it was doing it during the show and everyone looked alike at a distance with those unis on.

Forgot about the flags until I heard the song last night. They were strips of red cloth with a knot at the end to hold on to. We shoved 'em in our gaunlets beforethe show and them dropped 'em down our blouses at the end of Sing Sing Sing. To the crowd it looks like the horn line is bowing but we're really hiding shoving our hand down the blouse.

Horn line kept losing the #### red strips and the week after Uncle Lar gave out the last one he had I lost mine at one of the Lewis' (berg/town). I went nuts finding a replacement with the right shade of red until I bought a t-shirt at Sears and cut it up. Then at the next show Bowsers buddy Bob Spickler comes up and to me and says "Is this yours?" and he had my little red strip.  :grouphug:

Oh yeah, bought then at Digital CDs. Ten years of DCA on CD down (73-79, 02-04) and don't want to think about how many to go. Also have 2 years of RCA on CD but we aren't on them.

the cds are good but he doest do the covers like the albums were.