The history of the Westshoremen

Well...when we get to that part of 1984, and 1985 (I walked away from the activity pretty much in 1986) I'll mention in generalities about a few people that were a-holes.....

paging W...1982 beckons! :smile:

Still remember hearing a conversion during the 6 week corps time period.

"...long rambling B-word about people who "left the corps" to go to Reading..."

"How can they leave the corps when the corps didn't exist when they joined Reading"

Response was a loooong WTF you talkin' 'bout Willis look.

And I still see this person but don't talk except for "hi".....

Still surprised there wasn't any fist fights over this. Kinda like two warring camps everytime this was brought up. At times wish I would have opened my mouth more but that would have been like throwing gas on the fire.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

stupidity over this and other things led to an almost fight before finals in 98 (literally i was picked up and moved away from someone) and led to ending a friendship since birth.

it also for a while made me want nothing to do with the Westshoremen for 2 years

Still remember hearing a conversion during the 6 week corps time period.

"...long rambling B-word about people who "left the corps" to go to Reading..."

"How can they leave the corps when the corps didn't exist when they joined Reading"

Response was a loooong WTF you talkin' 'bout Willis look.

And I still see this person but don't talk except for "hi".....

Still surprised there wasn't any fist fights over this. Kinda like two warring camps everytime this was brought up. At times wish I would have opened my mouth more but that would have been like throwing gas on the fire.

I USED to get upset about the few people that have given me grief (or varying proportions) about it, but not so much anymore...but there ARE a few people that won't look me in the eye...one person is pretty tall and has to look down on me anyway, but.... :thumbup:

There are a few people that didn't talk to me that have recently (ok, by email) and there are a few to which "I am dead" but I don't have to live with myself, they way they do... I also remember being at a practice in 1986 where I overheard "what's HE doing here" "who's he" " one of the traitors that left the corps for Reading last year when we were DOWN" And what was funny was I found out later that this person wasn't even IN the corp in 1984 at any time! :smile:

Don't bodder me a bit!

my issue was just about lies being spread, especially one about me. yes I was willing to spill beer in order to haul off and hit someone

my issue was just about lies being spread, especially one about me. yes I was willing to spill beer in order to haul off and hit someone

Crap, I can only IMAGINE what some people were saying about me at that point! :smile:

Craig I heard private complaints about folks that didn't come back. But WSM started late for 1974 and Reading was probably off to the races for DCA top spot by that time.

And after seeing what was on the field for WSM in 1974 and Buccs #2(?) position who the Hell would blame them for NOT coming back in 1975. :smile:

I USED to get upset about the few people that have given me grief (or varying proportions) about it, but not so much anymore...but there ARE a few people that won't look me in the eye...one person is pretty tall and has to look down on me anyway, but.... :thumbup:

There are a few people that didn't talk to me that have recently (ok, by email) and there are a few to which "I am dead" but I don't have to live with myself, they way they do... I also remember being at a practice in 1986 where I overheard "what's HE doing here" "who's he" " one of the traitors that left the corps for Reading last year when we were DOWN" And what was funny was I found out later that this person wasn't even IN the corp in 1984 at any time! :smile:

Don't bodder me a bit!

Dumb move I just remembered was a parade somewhere in probably 1985. WSM and Buccs were both there. WSM had just finished and were headed back to the cars. Some poor bastich in the crowd asked what happened to our hornline cuz it was so small. Reponse from the guy I PM'ed about was "ASK READING". Man way to win friends and influence people......

Wow.... nice to see this dysfunctional stuff happens in other corps, too. LOL.

Sun had a rep for quite some time of ...shall we say..... not exactly having a warm and fuzzy feeling regarding people who had left Sun to go to other corps.... one corps in particular.

It wasn't everyone in Sun who felt that way..... but those who did tended to make their feelings known, loudly.

There are flies in ointments everywhere in drum corps, it seems.

Ya know, I never had an issue with someone leaving Westshore to march with someone else, I always assumed they had reasons for doing what they did and never held it against them. I myself would prefer to march Westshoremen if the on field unit were still active. Since it's not, I'll continue to do the alumni thing for this year and see what happens with SiB.