The history of the Westshoremen

What a concert at the Forum, or Weird Al?

I've seen a LOT at the Forum! I saw Ozzy on his first solo tour, Harry Chapin, Rossington Collins Band (survivors of Lynyrd Skynyrd) Kansas, Ian Anderson (Jethro Tulls lead vocalist/flautist) The Tonight Show Band. Gov't Mule.. LOT's of bands! (I might be missing some)

Heck I found out I was losing my JOB at the Forum! :blink: (simulcast for the whole company)

Weird Al...what an awesome show!

Saw Styx on that same tour, at Merriweather Post.

The new drummer then, Todd Sucherman, is the brother of a friend of mine whom I worked with at Gannett.

Todd is awesome. He's from Chicago and was a session drummer there.... so when John Panozzo couldn't tour, (he ended up dying during the summer of 1996) Todd got the call. Last I heard, he's still with the latest version of Styx and does session work in Los Angeles.

So, as a result... since we "knew someone who knew someone"... Barbara and I got free tickets for that show in '96. And backstage access after! :thumbup:

You're right about Kansas as the opener.... the lead singer had pretty much lost his voice and really struggled through tunes like "Dust in the Wind." Rough, to say the least.

my mom got me hooked on Styx early....but I always thought then they should kick it up a notch. Todd added that notch.RIP to John, but he was just meat and potatoes...couldn't add serious punch

I agree...I love drummers that overplay like crazy! It's a shame that Dennis DeYoung left the band and there's a cast of characters in it anymore...I saw Tommy Shaw open for Rush years back, and it was "ok" but not the same without Dennis... (Always said that the vocals make the band) I think John Panozzo passed away a few nights after we saw them (IIRC) But I was glad I got to see that tour!

Kansas just isn't the same band without Robbie Steinhardt...the group that's out now isn't great according to a friend that saw them recently. (and they're playing smaller and smaller venues)(probably in Legions and VFW's by now)

Hold Your Fire tour with Tommy....right before they formed #### Yankees. he had a solo album and the crowd farted on it, but if he played a Styx tune, the crowd gave it up.

That was the closest I ever was to the stage for Rush...7th row dead center at the Spectrum.

Hold Your Fire tour with Tommy....right before they formed #### Yankees. he had a solo album and the crowd farted on it, but if he played a Styx tune, the crowd gave it up.

That was the closest I ever was to the stage for Rush...7th row dead center at the Spectrum.

Exactly! The dudes behind me were like: Styx tune..."YEAH YOU ROCK!!!!" :thumbup: Tommy Shaw tune... "GET OFF THE STAGE YA BUM!" :thumbdown:

Like I said 84 I was 12-14 rows back...2002 I was 6-7 rows back dead center (On the end even) up at Montage for the Vapour Trails tour!

Besides Dave Matthews (who I'm going to see Friday in Hershey...Carter Beauford :thumbup: ) the best seats I EVER had were for Sting at Hershey Arena in 1991 or 92 first row center (Vinnie Coliauta was on drums) and they CANCELLED the show for some dumb reason! So fast forward a few years later and he was on another tour (forget the year or album) and I had 2nd row center at the stadium, we got stuck in Key West because some d###### had an accident on the Seven Mile Bridge, and closed it for the rest of the day (and we missed our flight) When the Police played the Stadium in '07 I had my friend get the tickets because I thought I was jinxed!! :ph34r: (and I got to see that one...but because the tickets for anything within 50 rows were upwards of $200. we had to sit waaay in the back)

Exactly! The dudes behind me were like: Styx tune..."YEAH YOU ROCK!!!!" :thumbup: Tommy Shaw tune... "GET OFF THE STAGE YA BUM!" :thumbdown:

Like I said 84 I was 12-14 rows back...2002 I was 6-7 rows back dead center (On the end even) up at Montage for the Vapour Trails tour!

Besides Dave Matthews (who I'm going to see Friday in Hershey...Carter Beauford :thumbup: ) the best seats I EVER had were for Sting at Hershey Arena in 1991 or 92 first row center (Vinnie Coliauta was on drums) and they CANCELLED the show for some dumb reason! So fast forward a few years later and he was on another tour (forget the year or album) and I had 2nd row center at the stadium, we got stuck in Key West because some d###### had an accident on the Seven Mile Bridge, and closed it for the rest of the day (and we missed our flight) When the Police played the Stadium in '07 I had my friend get the tickets because I thought I was jinxed!! :ph34r: (and I got to see that one...but because the tickets for anything within 50 rows were upwards of $200. we had to sit waaay in the back)

for the Police tour, we got great seats on the side for $50 at the gate.

for the Police tour, we got great seats on the side for $50 at the gate.

I usually get decent seats but since I felt I was jinxed and let my friend get them, they were pretty bad.... I grabbed Dave tickets on the side since he does the general admission thing on the front part of the field anymore...don't feel like being stuck with people constantly pushing....plus I know what they look like, the jamming is why I'm there....for Rush I got first row "club" seats in the front 1/3 of the place...expecting some nice views,(and pictures) the ability to sit during the show, and hopefully beer vendors :thumbup: (I'm not driving so that works!)

Money can be an issue- I wanted to see Rammstein last year but for 85 bucks a ticket and well, worried I'd get moshed to death or something, it just wasn't gonna happen. Luckily, and contrary to some of the whingers here on DCP DCA tickets are very affordable. Some of them think every show should sell 'em for 5 bucks like the Barnum Festival but they seem to convienently forget the festival sponsors heavily subsidize everything to ensure a big turn out and a great time is had by all--- they're not trying to make money for a corps or charity or trying to avoid losing their ##### like Ray Eyler and Dave Pomponio did fronting the money for that late season DCA show before championships in 81 in Bensalem. I still remember Dave telling me with beer in hand afterwards, "Ray and I lost our ##### on this"......

Just do a YouTube search for "Till sets himself on fire" and you should get the general idea of the coolness that goes on with Rammstein. I did that once to see what I'd get and the Sydney footage is quite good. :w00t:

Concert tickets are outrageous anymore...the problem I've been having is that people are ALLOWED to scalp now, or are able to scalp tickets in a round about way. Such as E-bay where you can sell a band or team logo t-shirt or fountain pen for astronomical prices, and include the tickets complimentary!

My sour experience with this was a few years back when Penn State went to the Rose Bowl. We tried to get tickets and were successful, when we started checking out flight packages (we had a place to stay) we couldn't find any for less than a small fortune which was basically the annual budget for a small foreign country...so we decided to get rid of them....a few friends were offered, none bit, so we put them on E-Bay or Craigslist or something for face value, plus our "fee" (shipping/handling/processing whatever we were charged extra) Two days later I get a hit and someone purchases them, no problem...except he wants us to wait a day so he could provide us with an address label for shipping (he had a Fed Ex acct) So I got suspicious and checked Stub Hub, and some other sites and found the tickets. Dude sold them for about $50 each more than we sold them to him for so he got $200. over what he paid...the next day I got the link for the mailing label and was asked to just take them to Fed Ex, put what I printed out in a sleeve on an envelope, stick the tickets in the envelope and I was done... His money to us was transferred to my Pay Pal account and I was done. I actually felt dirty doing it like that! :huh2:

I don't agree with this practice and wish the laws would change (as well as the way these buggers can obtain the tickets)

Edited by Jaminbenb

I don't know if any of you are FB friends with Skee, but it's funny seeing him in the Sky Alumni uni's! :tongue: God Bless him, he's still playing!!! I hope I can hold a stick when I'm his age.... What's interesting is way back when he was my high school drum instructor we were talking abut favorite corps, who we like any given year, and he was always a Sky fan. :blink:

In any event, Ben-- (Hey! I made a bad pun and I didn't even try to!) DCA tickets are a good value (Hint-hint!). I keep preaching this in my reviews.

The ticketmastermonster and online sites have made for a field day for scalpers, etc. The only way to fight it is not to go.

So, you gonna head to Downingtown? I'm trying to secure my ticket for it, right after I post this. :satisfied:

I can hardly wait to do the review. I just hope to God everyone does a great job, If some of them do not, the bitter tears and boo-hoo hooing from certain corners will make me feel like the Grinch when he talked to his Dog after he robbed everything outta Whoville. :cool:

"Dude.... he even stole whe Roast Beast, man..." :thumbup:

Personally, I want an electro-who-cardio-schnook to play. I could enter it in DCA mini-corps. :thumbup:

electrowhocardioshnook.jpg

I remember telling Chris Schell if you're gonna go the Grinch, you NEED one of these that works, and that I would build it. She decided to bag the project. :satisfied: