The history of the Westshoremen

Bummer....

we tried the second show one year. half the corps showed up. the membership has spoken...once a year is enough

LOL, should have been with us a year or so back at (I think) the Dixie Stinger. We were sitting in the front row with TennTux and here come Bridgemens horn line......

..... setting up on the floor right in front of us.... (not enough stage room) :shutup:/>

Guys were apologizing to us under their breath before they started. Cabs Alumni were next with the same set up but enough was enough.....

don't sit down front this year

don't sit down front this year

LOL!!! I gotta be honest, I'm a little concerned about that setup. Last year, I seem to remember we barely fit the pit equipment in that space... without much room between us and the folks sitting in the first row.

Fran, we did the Forum every ####### year. and every year we'd start out on stage in rehearsal one way, only to end up back the way we always did. this is nothing new. Gary gets an idea in his head, either on his own or from Larry, everyone suffers, then boom, intelligent heads ( aka Moyer) prevail)

we tried the second show one year. half the corps showed up. the membership has spoken...once a year is enough

Which is the other (not quite as important, but still significant) reason you don't see me...not worth the effort for one gig...

Fran, we did the Forum every ####### year. and every year we'd start out on stage in rehearsal one way, only to end up back the way we always did. this is nothing new. Gary gets an idea in his head, either on his own or from Larry, everyone suffers, then boom, intelligent heads ( aka Moyer) prevail)

Happened in the "way back" also....I remember one year tenors were supposed to be set up on the right side of the snare line...we ended up on the left...in 79 or 80 when I played timpani...same kind of thing.... :doh:

Which is the other (not quite as important, but still significant) reason you don't see me...not worth the effort for one gig...

when we knew SIB was going away, we did a survey. at least 90% if not more said one gig was enough. we only rehearse three times, we get it in great shape, and boom, we lay down a finals show in April thats good enough for the rest of the year LOL

Happened in the "way back" also....I remember one year tenors were supposed to be set up on the right side of the snare line...we ended up on the left...in 79 or 80 when I played timpani...same kind of thing.... :doh:/>

which means my annual rant during sound check will live on...."it;'s not ####### rocket science, we do this #### every ####### year and waste time"...which sets Stauffer off, and then poor Moyer is ready to cry

which means my annual rant during sound check will live on...."it;'s not ####### rocket science, we do this #### every ####### year and waste time"...which sets Stauffer off, and then poor Moyer is ready to cry

Yeah...it's usually Larry's fault...but I agree...it was never rocket science....what was funny was Hershey actually REHEARSED the set up at the practice hall! I remember all the hype for the show from some of the members, and the brass instructor (Bill Tabeling) saying that we need to practice the set up..so they set the upper room up with the chairs, had the drumline set up behind them, and said "ok...now go off to the side, and we'll set up like we'll do it on the day" THEN when we got to the Forum, the same thing...we rehearsed getting on stage twice before doing our "sound check" and running a few tunes... :tongue: We also employed the same "formation" (sans chairs ) when we "opened" for Norman Vincent Peale at the Hershey Theater! :blink: THAT was an interesting thing!

well, if what I remember from the new venue is correct, there won't be room on the floor due to pit and brass, but the battery can spread out.

til they move us back to what we had last year