The history of the Westshoremen

Sun had some of that B.S. going on at various times in their history, too. I shared some stuff with Ben in a PM.

That crapola is never helpful, ever.

No. it caused me to walk out of a friends wedding

Well as I've said a couple times...and thank GOD for people like Skee pulling me aside one time and having this conversation with me early on...the fact that people move on should not be a catalyst for hatred, there shouldn't be shame in LIKING another corps. Skee made no bones about it that he was an old Skyliner fan (and case in point he's marching with their alums)

Over the years people that have left a corps for one reason or another and moved on to another one never bugged me..but I've sure seen my share (apart from my own) of people getting chastised for it...

IIRC, I think there were even a few that weren't too thrilled with Bobby Gibson and his father coming to Westshore from Rochester..most of the guys I knew were cool with it, but there were a few.

I always tried to watch everyone at least once, and always had a few friends in other corps.

honestly......if the 6 week corps had not gotten so #### faced after Reading, they would have had a better relims run.

Talked to a few people in Wildwood this past weekend who were around in 82, and they said "we didn't know how to win, so we panicked"

Getting **** faced after the Reading show IS a tradition, though (even in Bucs :thumbup: )

Basically what they told you was correct. We weren't prepared for that year, and our drum line held us back. (Didn't we win horns, but lose everything else? I wish corpsreps had access to the prelims/finals recaps)

it is just you on Sicarus

now we'd end up Thurstonizing the parts....no single 9 for us...Stauffer and Moyer would shoot me for suggesting it!

But truthfully with THAT tune...the leg line shouldn't really be involved until..well..the leg line should tacit! The pit could have a moment in the sun! :devil:

Getting **** faced after the Reading show IS a tradition, though (even in Bucs :thumbup:)

Basically what they told you was correct. We weren't prepared for that year, and our drum line held us back. (Didn't we win horns, but lose everything else? I wish corpsreps had access to the prelims/finals recaps)

Skyliners took high horns at finals in '82. We (Sun) won drums... we and 'Shore tied for GE... and Hurcs won visual.

Hurcs won the Visual trophy... which was the combined execution and Visual GE score.

But if you look at the recaps... from what I remember... we (Sun) actually took visual execution, by a small margin over Hurcs.

Amazing that a corps that couldn't march to save its life at the beginning of that season came all the way back to march really well by championships. We worked our butts off that summer.

Skyliners took high horns at finals in '82. We (Sun) won drums... we and 'Shore tied for GE... and Hurcs won visual.

Hurcs won the Visual trophy... which was the combined execution and Visual GE score.

But if you look at the recaps... from what I remember... we (Sun) actually took visual execution, by a small margin over Hurcs.

Amazing that a corps that couldn't march to save its life at the beginning of that season came all the way back to march really well by championships. We worked our butts off that summer.

Ok...that makes more sense (and it goes without saying that you guys wons drums...frikkin Delucia.... :tongue: )

And WTF was that "high visual" crap? IIRC, wasn't that some new award that year??? I seem to remember someone making a crack to the affect of it was the "we're giving the Hurcs something until Harvey retires" award... I don't know...something about it sticks in my mind...maybe if I drank a six pack Millers it will come back to me :blink: ) (we need a puking emoticon) :spitting: <----there hows that one (I can't drink donestic commercial beer anymore)

Just saw the following posted up in the "all age" section...Rickie Lee...you interested? :tongue:

May 11th 2013

Brass and Percussion in Hawthorne, NJ This Week we have Guard Auditions

The Hawthorne Caballeros will host a brass and percussion camp in Hawthorne, NJ Saturday May 11th 2013 Percussion will meet at Goffle Brook Park on Saturday May 11th 2013. meeting at 8:30 am for a 9:00 rehearsal start. Brass will meet at Kohler Parking Lot on Saturday May 11th and check in is at 8:30 am. Drill rehearsal on Saturday will go until dark.

Interested in Marching with the Caballeros? We still have a few brass spots open and we are looking for a timpanist for the percussion section - please visit www.cabs.org for more information or contact Mike Ryan at m.ryan@cabs.org.

Goffle Brook Park (Click for Directions)

Goffle Road

Hawthorne, NJ

Kohler Parking Lot (Click for Directions)

Hawthorne, NJ

2013 Guard Auditions - May 11, 2013

Interested in marching Color Guard with the Hawthorne Caballeros? Contact Bobbey Biddle at Bobbey.biddle@yahoo.com for informati

sadly history repeated itself with the traitor BS in 98. i'll get there some decade

and again 14 years later

Just thinking ahead...who's going to "enlighten" us with stories from 84-98? (well 90-something) No one here marched those years, from what I can remember?!?!

Yeah, I don't get why a lot of people don't like it (coughcoughjeffcoughcough) In fact a bunch of people BITD didn't like it...But I always thought it was a neat tune, and we played the crap out of it! (Not to mention "bongo fury" :tongue:/> )

Same with No More Blues in 83. Not a lot of people that that was a great tune, but I liked it. (although I wasn't a fan of the tune for the drum solo..."The Entertainer"...but I GET why it ended up that way given the cluster**** way that drum solo got written. I forget the original tune for it though.)

The thing that bugged me was in 81 after we did John Mile's "Music" as an exit the whole year (and did the singing at the beginning of the year until too many judges were going "why bother") The actual "ending" of that song was pretty good...but Larry for some reason thought we were going to get extra GE points at the end of the show if we stuck the tag of Impossible Dream in for finals! (and if I remember correctly we ONLY did it at finals, not prelims)

they never should have changed the ending in 81

Oops. LOL

I just remember the horn book... cool brass chart.

for what we do, Icarus just moves too slow. It makes Claire's Song seem downright blazing. Now Love for Sale....bring it on!