The history of the Westshoremen

Went with Boom last night to Reamstown to catch Rick K. and the Allnighters, Bob Menear, ex-Westmoreland Squires/Westshore/Westshore Alumni/Steel City/Steel City Alumni on Trumpet, real professional and serious cover band. Was just good to see him, he's playing better than ever and doing a good bit or all the arranging, serious pros, all of them.

There's a lot of YouTube up of the band, the drummer's a real character but can play, as can Rick K., who normally does lead vocals, some neat percussion stuff between the two of them.

Figgered I'd pass that along to the crowd.

Bob's a great guy. Glad to hear he's still playing!!!

And playing WELL. :thumbup:/>

There are cover bands, and there are guys who are real pros who really do it right, and the Allnighters are one of the real pros.

Might have to make a trip up to see them if they're in the area again!

Went with Boom last night to Reamstown to catch Rick K. and the Allnighters, Bob Menear, ex-Westmoreland Squires/Westshore/Westshore Alumni/Steel City/Steel City Alumni on Trumpet, real professional and serious cover band. Was just good to see him, he's playing better than ever and doing a good bit or all the arranging, serious pros, all of them.

There's a lot of YouTube up of the band, the drummer's a real character but can play, as can Rick K., who normally does lead vocals, some neat percussion stuff between the two of them.

Figgered I'd pass that along to the crowd.

hey you were in the homeland!

hey you were in the homeland!

:doh:

doh.gif

seriously....Reamstown has a society and a book they update periodically showing the Ream lineage from those who came there, founded the town, and how the branches flow out from there.

Sadly I'm not in it. It seems my grandfather, when he left my grandmother, had my dad and siblings erased and his second family added in. We've been fighting with them since 1988 when Grandma Ream passed away. But at least from grandpa back we can trace the family tree. thankfully it never grows back together

• 2 weeks later...

Am okay folks- just a quick message out there.

Just been burned out from work, vacation next week. WIll finish reviews then once I feel awake again. Nodding off while trying to type at 4AM is no good. Still fixing the road outside while I try and sleep, and had to go through the red tape to get my car fixed.

Conclusion on that:

If someone hits your car, hope they have Allstate. They're pretty good people when one of their customers clouts your vehicle and it's not your fault. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey...where y'all been?

busy as hell...work, daddy stuff, end of band season

busy as hell...work, daddy stuff, end of band season

Heh...I might be finding out what work is again...I interviewed at my old company the other day, and it looked pretty good...won't know until November, though. I'm surprised that the Mrs. is going to give up her rides to and from work, clean house, and dinner on the table every night! (not to mention the ability to have me run errands for her during the day) I warned her!