The history of the Westshoremen

Do you have the list of Bari scores W? Keep getting a broken image when I go to DCAs website. We talked to John Simpson in passing and heard about the horn he had from Goalie Guy. Think Pat is still drooling over the horn and I was too from the description...

Do you have the list of Bari scores W? Keep getting a broken image when I go to DCAs website. We talked to John Simpson in passing and heard about the horn he had from Goalie Guy. Think Pat is still drooling over the horn and I was too from the description...

You talking about the mint Piston slide horn the fellow representing USAFA had? It was a nice piece.

Don't have scores. Ruben was 2nd, I think the fellow from Kilties won, he was quite good.

Took 8th out of 10, Kevin Hassan told me the bari group was all world class badasses, the toughest solo competition of the evening. To have beaten ANY of those cats was good.

Played as well as I could. I need a 3 valve horn that can play 3827587 notes a second next time. :satisfied:/>

Must have been...you were a beast BITD....

You talking about the mint Piston slide horn the fellow representing USAFA had? It was a nice piece.

Don't have scores. Ruben was 2nd, I think the fellow from Kilties won, he was quite good.

Understood it was refinished by Kanstul recently, but that is the one. Man has a sense of humor too. Kris was wearing a teal colored t-shirt and Mr S walked up and said "You know I can't teal if that is blue or green". Few seconds later I was like :doh:/>

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Heh, thanks man. Missing a valve and not having them in line didn't help. I also thanked Ruben Aramaro (sp?) from Sky/Brassmen for the lesson. Man, he had some great compositional ideas and body moves, finished second, used a good 3 valve G bugle. Wonderful guy, we talked shop afterwards, but I did learn a LOT from his performance. :worthy:

The kid from Govies was solid, and the big guy from Kilties had a good solo, horn, etc. Some good folks.

Also some guy from MBI who competes on 4 different horns I think was also there, well known. Kevin Hassan, the guy who takes care of I and E for DCA told me later it was like every BAMF Bari player showed up at once this year. :thumbup:

BTW, happy belated 17th to the 1996 corps.

good weekend in Annapolis. cold day in hell before I go back to Rachacha

Understood it was refinished by Kanstul recently, but that is the one. Man has a sense of humor too. Kris was wearing a teal colored t-shirt and Mr S walked up and said "You know I can't teal if that is blue or green". Few seconds later I was like :doh:/>/>

Bah-Doomp *tssss* :thumbup:

When in doubt drop back and pun. :cool:

Went with Boom last night to Reamstown to catch Rick K. and the Allnighters, Bob Menear, ex-Westmoreland Squires/Westshore/Westshore Alumni/Steel City/Steel City Alumni on Trumpet, real professional and serious cover band. Was just good to see him, he's playing better than ever and doing a good bit or all the arranging, serious pros, all of them.

There's a lot of YouTube up of the band, the drummer's a real character but can play, as can Rick K., who normally does lead vocals, some neat percussion stuff between the two of them.

Figgered I'd pass that along to the crowd.

Went with Boom last night to Reamstown to catch Rick K. and the Allnighters, Bob Menear, ex-Westmoreland Squires/Westshore/Westshore Alumni/Steel City/Steel City Alumni on Trumpet, real professional and serious cover band. Was just good to see him, he's playing better than ever and doing a good bit or all the arranging, serious pros, all of them.

There's a lot of YouTube up of the band, the drummer's a real character but can play, as can Rick K., who normally does lead vocals, some neat percussion stuff between the two of them.

Figgered I'd pass that along to the crowd.

Any idea when Bob did WSM? Name sounds real familiar for 1977.. Listen for the screamer during the "In The Mood" concert.

And Fran thanks for the scores..... Whadda hard top 10.... :w00t: