High Altitude Drums 07/08 DSD IsoMike recording

This disc is of the 2007 Blue Knights and the 2008 Blue Knights and 2008 Troopers, extra tracks, beyond the competition progam, are on the disc.

Recorded in DSD with a dynamic range of over 50dB, the disc is an SA-CD Hybrid.

This disc was a huge hit at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest.

There are some youtube clips about the technology.

Discs are on the way to the offices of The Troopers and The Blue Knights for their members. We are offering a sale for others interested in IsoMike recordings. Here is a link.

http://isomike.com/rmaf/

Sale ends in a few days.

I hope you all enjoy listening as much as we had recording!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are phenomenal recordings! Everyone should own them as the clarity etc. is unsurpassed. I wish that all the corps could play a standstill during finals week and be recorded via IsoMike. This is truly awesome!!! I recommend these to every true drum corps fan.

Question to the poster:

Are you going to be or have you done any more recordings of drum corps?

These are phenomenal recordings! Everyone should own them as the clarity etc. is unsurpassed. I wish that all the corps could play a standstill during finals week and be recorded via IsoMike. This is truly awesome!!! I recommend these to every true drum corps fan.

Question to the poster:

Are you going to be or have you done any more recordings of drum corps?

There was a frustrating series of logistic events that prevented us getting recordings this last summer. We won't let that happen for 2010. I believe that The Blue Knights and The Troopers again will record and we are trying to coordinate off-days in Ogden for any other Corps that wishes to record with us.

I would dearly love to get at least 3 corps in 2010

Ray

There was a frustrating series of logistic events that prevented us getting recordings this last summer. We won't let that happen for 2010. I believe that The Blue Knights and The Troopers again will record and we are trying to coordinate off-days in Ogden for any other Corps that wishes to record with us.

I would dearly love to get at least 3 corps in 2010

Ray

I wish there was someway you could set up in a location in Indy and offer your service to all of the corps during finals week. These are the best recordings I have ever heard of drum corp. Again I encourage everyone who loves drum corps to purchase this CD. It is awesome!!

Maybe if enough corp directors heard the quality you might be able to work out something with DCI to record in Indy. Maybe you could send copies to the directors to help seed the idea. That would be totally awesome as the recording form Lucas or even the APDs are not even in the same ballpark quality wise.

I really think DCI should join forces with Ray and produce a set of APDs or CDs using his setup.

The sound is amazing; can you imagine having every corps show recorded the same way? I'd never, ever complain about recording quality again. :laugh:

I really think DCI should join forces with Ray and produce a set of APDs or CDs using his setup.

The sound is amazing; can you imagine having every corps show recorded the same way? I'd never, ever complain about recording quality again. :laugh:

I agree 1000000%

Absolutely, but the challenge would be getting all the corps and the IsoMike together. And not in LOS, the Atlanta Dome, or the Alamodome, please. Outdoors or don't bother.

What would really be great would be to have a standstill performance by all the corps at a high school in Indy and the Isomike could be used to record them there (outdoors). They could charge admission (DCI and IsoMike) and it could be another great event during finals week. I don't know how it would be worked out, but the sound quality of the recordings would be worth ANY inconvience. Please find some way to work this out!!!!