Spirit Annouces Drill Designer

http://www.spiritdrumcorps.org

Spirit is pleased to welcome Jeremy Hunt as drill designer and visual supervisor for the corps.

Originally from upstate New York, Jeremy brings a wealth of experience in the drum corps, marching band, and indoor activities. He began his performance career at the age of 14 with his local high school band followed by marching experience with the Patriots of Rochester, NY. Jeremy’s World Class marching experience came as a four year member of the Bluecoats drum and bugle corps. Following his age-out year Jeremy spent 1998-2000 teaching with Carolina Crown followed by the Glassmen and the Colts. From 2003-2006 Jeremy served as the Visual Caption Head for the Madison Scouts where he worked closely with Spirit’s current brass staff and program coordinator. From 2007-09 Jeremy was the drill designer for the Colts drum and bugle corps.

“We are very pleased to have Jeremy join our team of designers and instructors, says Spirit Executive Director Joel Vincent, Jeremy’s very successful design experience and the fact that he has worked so closely with our music staff in the past will be an exciting combination of talent.”

In addition to his drum corps experience, Jeremy is an accomplished drill writer for marching bands across the United States and Canada. He has designed shows for BOA Regional finalist James Bowie HS (TX), Mariner HS (FL), Fred J. Page HS (TN), J.B. Connally HS (TX), Cordova HS (TN), and Oakville Senior HS (MO). He has also served as visual designer for the Calgary Stampede Showband of Calgary, Ontario who placed 2nd at the 2009 World Association of Marching Showbands in Kerkrade, The Netherlands.

In the WGI Indoor percussion circuit Jeremy has taught and designed for the 2009 FFCC scholastic open champion East Lake high school, scholastic world finalist Fred J. Page high school, Independent world finalist Infinity and Momentum, the 2001 Independent open champion Eklipse and Mariner high school, the 2006 WGI PSA World Champion.

Jeremy currently resides in Austin, TX.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great guy and great addition for Spirit

he was in charge of madison 2003, that alone makes me like him.

If he were visual caption head, that would apply. But I am concerned when I read that he will be the drill designer when had that role that at the Colts for the past three years - none of which, IMHO, were even vaguely close to amazing.

If he were visual caption head, that would apply. But I am concerned when I read that he will be the drill designer when had that role that at the Colts for the past three years - none of which, IMHO, were even vaguely close to amazing.

anything would be better than Spirit's visual show from last year, but this isn't getting them near the 12th spot anytime soon.

not a fan of his work. Maybe Jeremy is a better fit for Spirit than Colts. Either way, good luck Spirit (of Atlanta :p)!

The thing I remember about Jeremy when he was on our visual staff was that he was so picky about my right thumb. Without fail, everytime he would walk past me he would comment on my right thumb placment being between the 1st and 2nd valve casings and that my right hand HAD to make a perfect C. I would wrap my thumb around the back because I was a ###### like that.

I cannot remember anything he ever said to me other than....."OMG....FIX YOUR THUMB!!!" He was a cool dude though.